can i split component use..???

mrlover333

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me with a component cable issue..
just hooked up my new wii yesterday with a component cable to my HD tv and find the sound from the tv not the best. The component cable has 5 ends 2 audio and 3 video so i need to to if i can plug the 3 video ends to the back of my tv and plug the 2 audio ends into my home theater surround sound system..???
dont want to blow up my Wii.. :lol:

That should be fine. You might wanna Google the topic, but there is no reason I can think of that would cause this to be a problem. Actually sounds like a really good idea. Does your television not have an out for an external sound system? Newer tv's should generally have this, or you could possibly use a headphone jack from your tv as an external out.

Last edited:
mrlover333 said:
hi i was wondering if anyone can help me with a component cable issue..
just hooked up my new wii yesterday with a component cable to my HD tv and find the sound from the tv not the best. The component cable has 5 ends 2 audio and 3 video so i need to to if i can plug the 3 video ends to the back of my tv and plug the 2 audio ends into my home theater surround sound system..???
dont want to blow up my Wii.. :lol:

you can plug the red/white audio outputs into any amp or stereo you like.

tbh, that's the idea of having separate cables seeing as most tv's don't
support dolby pro logic II, you plug 'em into an amp to get the best
possible sound from the game(s).

hi thanks...my t.v is already connected to the home theater with scart but find when switching the t.v av to select component no wii sounds from theater...hence why i want to split the components...any further comments would be much appreciated

thanks guys.....will plug and play today....wifes at work, no sound restrictions, so will blast it out on Call of Duty.:yesnod:

Back