can i use these batteries for my wiimotes??

zappyisfun

WiiChat Member
Jul 5, 2007
can i use the energizer E2 rechargeable batteries for my wiimotes?

i heard some rechargeable batteries dont work.. is that true?

Any rechargeable AA batteries should work. However some are better than others. For example, I'd certainly not use NiCad batteries and some brands of NiMH are better than others.

You're a bit confused. The Energizer E2 is not rechargeable. The E2 is a lithium non-rechargeable battery. Energizer's rechargeable is a 2500mAh NiMH battery that is not lithium and not the "E2".

Note that you can get batteries with even more power than 2500 mAh if you're willing to think outside the box and not just go with whomever spends the most on TV ads.

sremick said:
Any rechargeable AA batteries should work. However some are better than others. For example, I'd certainly not use NiCad batteries and some brands of NiMH are better than others.

You're a bit confused. The Energizer E2 is not rechargeable. The E2 is a lithium non-rechargeable battery. Energizer's rechargeable is a 2500mAh NiMH battery that is not lithium and not the "E2".

Note that you can get batteries with even more power than 2500 mAh if you're willing to think outside the box and not just go with whomever spends the most on TV ads.

the package said E2 rechargeable..trust me look it up on google or something.

thanks tho everyone

Only downside to your battery solution, idjut, would be that you'd have to unplug a USB keyboard (or any other USB device) from the Wii in order to plug in the battery charger. Or can the Wii USB use a USB hub?

Rechargeables are a very good idea and in the long run they will save you alot of money. Also, there is no reason at all why they wouldn't work.

It might be just my batteries, but I find that my wiimotes use up rechargeables much faster than non-rechargeables. Its not a big deal because I can just recharge them, but has anyone else experienced this?

^^^ Mine is the same, They use a different power rating so they can be recharge so it uses the juice up quicker.

I think it depends on the quality of your rechargeable bigred. My rechargeable last equally long or longer than non.

Back