Can it hurt to unplug my wii after use?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I have the wii in my room, thing is, my room is always hot. Even with fans on and windows open.So i wonder if the wii will overheat because its so hot in my room and the wii is hot as it is. Im not sure if its suppose to be as hot as it is and i think it has to do with the temperature in my room. After i am done with the wii ( for the day) i unplug it. Is that bad to do? Like today, i played it in the morning and before i go to work, i will unplug it because i probably wont play it when i get home.... Unplugging cant harm the wii right??

Another thing i noticed, it 1 side of the wii is warmer then the other.

I dont want a cooler because nintendo suggests not to get them when i asked them about it.

Im trying to convince my parents to let me leave it downstairs and then it will be in a cooler area.

If i turn the wiiconnect 24 off, its not as hot but i still get concerned.

Thanks

Last edited:
When its warmer on one side do you have it on its side? Because having your Wii on its side is probably more harmful than on the stand. I have an Air cooler than I cool it down from time to time in case it overheats. Its kind of loud, so I don't leave it on all the time. It was about $15 so maybe you should pick one up? Unless your parents let you put it downstairs.

well i unplug my wii all the time b-cuz i always take it to a friends to play, nothing ever happened to it

I'd say that's the proper thing to do.. if you're worried about the wii over heating then the best thing to do is to switch it off so..

manufan15 said:
When its warmer on one side do you have it on its side? Because having your Wii on its side is probably more harmful than on the stand. I have an Air cooler than I cool it down from time to time in case it overheats. Its kind of loud, so I don't leave it on all the time. It was about $15 so maybe you should pick one up? Unless your parents let you put it downstairs.

no i have it standing up,since day 1... one side is warmer then the other...When i asked nintendo about a cooler they said they dont suggest it. Im not sure if it it will make a difference being downstairs but its more room, its cooler down there so it has to be better then my room, i would think.

as long as unplugging it after i play it can harm, it then thats fine with me

Acdude6 said:
i unplug my wii even when its on sometimes and it gets up to 80 in the room i have my wii in and i dont unplug it.you will be fine!

are both of the sides of your wii warm? the right side of my wii is warm and my left side is barly warm.

Wiitime said:
no i have it standing up,since day 1... one side is warmer then the other...When i asked nintendo about a cooler they said they dont suggest it. Im not sure if it it will make a difference being downstairs but its more room, its cooler down there so it has to be better then my room, i would think.

as long as unplugging it after i play it can harm, it then thats fine with me

Well, I don't think it will do damage. I think its like any other system. When I had the GC, I unplugged it all the time, and it didn't do any harm. That's only my guess though.

well, hopefully not. Does anybodys else wii makes a noise when not even playing with it? Mine makes a little noise. Once in a while i hear it from my wii. Its random, just a little "click" sound. But it works fine. SO maybe its just the wiiconnect24.

Last edited:
Acdude6 said:
well its mostly my left side but iv hade no problems with it.

for me it is the left side with the front of the wii facing me. idk why i said right before, i guess i said right because i was looking at it differently so it looked as if it was the right side...so i guess everyones is like that.

The left side of mine is warmer as well. Doubt it does any harm though as it would probably be a well known problem.

Back