Can Smoke Damage The Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give them a choice, tell them that if they don't quit smoking then you leaving. And don't let them give you the **** about not being able to quit. I come from a family in which almost everyone has done drugs, and had to give something up. It may be hard but they can do it. My dad smoked his whole life but when I was born he quit cold turkey. I've had personal experiences and its not as hard as they make it seem. And if they choose smoking over you then, well if it was me I would punch them in the face take the death stick out of their mouth and put it out on their face and that would be the last time they ever saw me. But I'm assuming your like most people and you form retarded relationships with your parents even if they treat you like **** so you wouldn't do that. Just remember your parents are no different than anyone else. Just because you came out of one of them you shouldn't treat them different than anyone else. If they wern't your parents and they smoked like that would you really want to live with them? I know I wouldn't and from the info you have gave me I would say that you need to start looking for somewhere else to live.

He can't really just leave and live somewhere else if hes 14, At least I know I can't, and I'm 14

paintba||er said:
Then why do you continue to live with them? They are just normal people they are no different than anyone else. The best advice I can give is just to view them as if they wern't your parents but normal people.
Yeh, but I get free stuff from them. Where else would I live, im only 14 yrs old :)

jrstubs said:
My parents are heavy smokers....they go through about 5 packs a day(for those who are confused I mean combined so they dont each smoke 5 packs a day...), and im afraid the smoke will damage my wii on the inside. I'm pretty sure all the game systems Ive ever had were killed by the smoke :nonod: my gamecube, a couple computers, 2 sega genesis', ps1, ps2...

My house is extremely dusty because they smoke so much too, pisses me off alot.

So it would be nice if somebody had answers. :)

get one of those shaper image ionic breeze machines :) trust me they work wonders!!!!!!! i use it to get rid of all the dust and pet dander from my puppy. works like a charm!

only catch is that its really expensive! they make other ones that are cheaper but get one thats quiet or the noise will get to you! also one that has the UV lights to attract the dust better.

ETA- dont be giving this kid advice on talking down to his parents saying they should quit are you stupid???????

if he is a minor, he has to abide by his parents. hes in no possition to tell them to quit since they are "concenting adults" probably in their late 30's early 40's or so if their kid is 14.:nono: i highly doubt any of you would dare to tell your parents "quit smoking or i leave" otherwise prepare for a parental beatdown :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
get one of those shaper image ionic breeze machines :) trust me they work wonders!!!!!!! i use it to get rid of all the dust and pet dander from my puppy. works like a charm!

only catch is that its really expensive! they make other ones that are cheaper but get one thats quiet or the noise will get to you! also one that has the UV lights to attract the dust better.

ETA- dont be giving this kid advice on talking down to his parents saying they should quit are you stupid???????

if he is a minor, he has to abide by his parents. hes in no possition to tell them to quit since they are "concenting adults" probably in their late 30's early 40's or so if their kid is 14.:nono: i highly doubt any of you would dare to tell your parents "quit smoking or i leave" otherwise prepare for a parental beatdown :eek:
Yeh exactly. Well said.

jrstubs said:
Yeh exactly. Well said.

no problem kiddo :)

my dad used to smoke too and then i picked up the habit when i was younger but then i quit considering how you can see the tar and niccotine buildup oh and the ashes dont forget the ashes all around you!!!!! sh*t is disgusting....

anyways, get a ionic breeze you wont regret it :) this way everyone is happy and you can do your own thing and your parents can too :idea:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
no problem kiddo :)

my dad used to smoke too and then i picked up the habit when i was younger but then i quit considering how you can see the tar and niccotine buildup oh and the ashes dont forget the ashes all around you!!!!! sh*t is disgusting....

anyways, get a ionic breeze you wont regret it :) this way everyone is happy and you can do your own thing and your parents can too :idea:
I don't have any source of income, I hope you aren't implying that I should steal one.

The_Loose_Cannon said:

Those filters may get rid of a little pet dander but it won't put a dent in 5 packs of cigarette smoke. And that other stuff your saying is bullshit. His parents have no right to kill him. Just because you are a minor shouldn't mean you have no say in anything. I'm 14 also and my parents are in no way superior to me as his parents arn't superior to him. And I would've told my parents to quit or I'll leave if they didn't do so on their own. I wouldn't stand around and let some idiots take years off my life and make me smell like ****. And I would gladly leave my parents house if they did something of the sort. I don't have false relationships with my parents and if I don't agree with something they do I won't pretend I do or change my views. For example I'm an athiest and my parents are mormon. I am very different from the average person though and people don't earn my trust easily so it may be harder for him to confront his parents about this but its the only solution and if you disagree with that then you are just stupid. Do you really think that they should be able to take multiple years off of their childrens lives and thats ok?

jrstubs said:
I don't have any source of income, I hope you aren't implying that I should steal one.

then i would have to come and arrest you ;) id rather not do that on my day off though!!!!

tell your parents about it. if they know about your complaints with them smoking (hopefully you have discussed this in a rational manner! lol) they should be easy to pursuade in buying you a air purifier.

if not, theres always that "favorite relative" that will help you out! mine was always my aunt or my grandparents ;) i was able to sucker them into anything i wanted if my parents didnt get it for me when i was younger hehe

paintba||er said:
Those filters may get rid of a little pet dander but it won't put a dent in 5 packs of cigarette smoke. And that other stuff your saying is bullshit. His parents have no right to kill him. Just because you are a minor shouldn't mean you have no say in anything. I'm 14 also and my parents are in no way superior to me as his parents arn't superior to him. And I would've told my parents to quit or I'll leave if they didn't do so on their own. I wouldn't stand around and let some idiots take years off my life and make me smell like ****. And I would gladly leave my parents house if they did something of the sort. I don't have false relationships with my parents and if I don't agree with something they do I won't pretend I do or change my views. For example I'm an athiest and my parents are mormon. I am very different from the average person though and people don't earn my trust easily so it may be harder for him to confront his parents about this but its the only solution and if you disagree with that then you are just stupid. Do you really think that they should be able to take multiple years off of their childrens lives and thats ok?
That makes alot of sense. I don't have false relationships with my parents, I have a bad relationship with my parents I never say a word to them cause I don't want to deal with their bullshit. I too am atheist , but I follow the satanic philosophies. I'm on the computer for 12 + hours a day, I can't leave my house. My computer = my life.

paintba||er said:

first off kiddo slow down. you are reading WAY too into what i wrote

BUT since you went into this sort of rant, i could only do one thing and thats humor you. First things first. your parents ARE superior to you when you are a minor! until you reach the age of 16, you may file for emancipation meaning you can EASILY make it on your own (IE income, job, car, apartment, ect). if not by 16, then by 18 when you can join the armed forces or go to college you are tried as an adult and no longer under the care of mommy and daddy. THAT IS LAW! if youre 14 and YOU do something your parents are legally responcible for your actions.....and what does that mean you ask?? ah yes, they ARE "superior" so disrespect intended or NO disrepsect intended, you are ignorant.

second of all, theres the right way and wrong way to address a situation to your parents ESPECIALLY when "addiction" is involved. kids do have a voice and yes im aware BUT you can not go up to your parents with NO income and NO way to live (sure you can stay at your BFF's house but for how long? 2 days before his parents send you out????) saying quit or i leave. you have to address them and say its problematic and start off small saying please smoke in a designated room it bothers me or something like that. he is living with his parents, its his parents rules!

god i hate liberal parents who raise their kids this way.......:mad5:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back