Can someone help me with my connection problem??

demonflair

Slowly returning..
Feb 10, 2007
Portugal, Portimão
Wii Online Code
2967-1215-6372-5681
I have a Vigor2800VG from DrayTek, a wireless router. I tried to connect to the Internet in my Wii via access point. I inserted the WEP code since my router is encrypted. I got Error 52130, 52131, and 52133.

I have a problem with the router's configuration. I type my IP address in the Internet Browser, but it says that the page wasn't found.

I guess that the errors are because of my router's configuration, but I can't change it's configurations because the Router's Configuration page doesn't show up!?!

Please I need help

Thanks

Hi

firstly, how is your router configured? is it assigning IP addresses (via DHCP)?

if not, enable the DHCP service.

secondly, are you implementing security measures (which you should be!!) such as MAC address filtering / WPA encryption?

some routers require that you enter the MAC address of the hardware that you wish to connect to it.

on the Wii, go into the Wii Options section, browse for console information and make a note of your (wireless) MAC address, it will be in hexadecimal format e.g. A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6

using your pc, go into the router configuration pages and check if the router is either ignoring MAC filtering, or if Filtering / Access is enabled, enter the MAC address of the Wii into the permitted list.
if you have encryption enabled (either WPA or WEP) make a note of your encryption key and enter this into the wireless options on the Wii.

if this fails, move the Wii nearer to the router to see if it's a signal issue.

hth

Ste

stepeters-FrEe.jpg

Last edited:
>>It doesn't have my router

If you're having problems accessing the router from your pc, the easiest
way to access it is to (if using XP) click start>run then type cmd
and press enter. this will bring up the command prompt.
at the prompt type ipconfig /all and press enter. you will be presented
with all of your IP / Default Gateway and DNS settings.

make a note of the Default Gateway value, as this will be the IP address of
your router.

if you're still using win 98, once again go to the command prompt and type
winipcfg and press enter to see the IP values.

do you still have the default username & password for the router?

Ste

stepeters-FrEe.jpg

Back