can the wii actually be turned "off"

I left Wiiconnect24 on all day earlier this year (summer in Aus). When i got home from work the sides were almost too hot to touch. It was probably caused by the excessive heat in summer over here (i.e 40 degrees C), so now i always make sure the L.E.D is red.

allstar2b87 said:
hey..just a quick question in regard to this post...if u do turn it to yellow or orange..w.e it is....i think i've seen in other posts that it does something with ur wiimote so that u have to re-sync it>....:S:S..not sure if thats correct or not if someone would like to elaborate on that plz! thx!

Nope, thats not true that u have to re-sync ur wiimotes everytime u put the wii in standby.

lazyperson555 said:
It won't overheat just from being in standby mode. My wii always has the yellow light on when I'm not using it but it hasn't overheated at all.
I once left my wii on standby for around 30 hours and when I touched it, it was boiling!! (I think its something to do with wiiconnect being on) But anyway I just unplug every time I'm finished playing with my wii.

Happy said:
I once left my wii on standby for around 30 hours and when I touched it, it was boiling!! (I think its something to do with wiiconnect being on) But anyway I just unplug every time I'm finished playing with my wii.
ay but couldnt that like break it? if not then thats what im gonna start doing

Ok our's OVERHEATS - at least that's one I'm assuming it's doing. After just 45 minutes of play the darn thing shuts off. Boom Blue screen. And won't power back up until it totally cools down. I guess I gotta call Nintendo. . .

auntsuger said:
Ok our's OVERHEATS - at least that's one I'm assuming it's doing. After just 45 minutes of play the darn thing shuts off. Boom Blue screen. And won't power back up until it totally cools down. I guess I gotta call Nintendo. . .

sounds like a faulty Wii right there. Better call Nintendo. Hope you registered the Wii for that extended 90day warranty.

Back