Can The Wii Be Hooked Up To A PC screen?

ILTN

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
I just am wondering because I own a PS3 yet I don't have another TV to hook the wii up to if I do decide to buy it.

May I suggest... *cough* unhooking the PS3's audio/ video cables? Getting a splitter box that allows for multiple inputs?

Computers can do it with TV-tuners or built in AV switches (possibly graphics cards as well).

ILTN said:
I just am wondering because I own a PS3 yet I don't have another TV to hook the wii up to if I do decide to buy it.

Of course, if you have a TV Tuner card or you Graphics card that has support for RCA Input, all you would have to do is plug it in (matching colors) and use the utility for your card and select input feed. Done. You should be able to play your Wii Console off your PC/Monitor.

261311 said:
May I suggest... *cough* unhooking the PS3's audio/ video cables? Getting a splitter box that allows for multiple inputs?

Computers can do it with TV-tuners or built in AV switches (possibly graphics cards as well).

Good answer too, if you change your mind about your PC I would defiantly recommend this as an alternative.

Last edited:
I would recommend getting a DVD player with component (or composite) inputs and HDMI out. Then, get an HDMI to DVI-D cable (monoprice.com), plug in, and your'e good to go.

sarspants said:
I would recommend getting a DVD player with component (or composite) inputs and HDMI out. Then, get an HDMI to DVI-D cable (monoprice.com), plug in, and your'e good to go.

I think spending less amount of cash is the object here. :yesnod: + the Wii is not an HD Console

Last edited:
sarspants said:
haha thats what I do

nxcmp said:
I think spending less amount of cash is the object here. :yesnod: + the Wii is not an HD Console

Well, I picked up a upconverting DVD recorder for $100 and use it with my PC monitor. And even though Wii isn't HD, going HDMI to DVI-D is going to be your best bet for picture quality from the DVD player to the monitor.

their is a vid on utube and a guy shows you how 2 play wow est with ur wii mote i cant remembr the link but it is worth watching so u can set that up as well

I thought that with a simple adaptor from audio/video to dvi cable, wii would be able to play on a pc monitor.Isn't that right?

the box i posted is also a HD tuner, but with component cable output limited to 1080i... fyi

Back