Can the Wii have done better?

Twilight Prince

Ruler of Twilight
Jan 2, 2007
I think the Wii could be a lot better! Why didn't Nintendo add more memory or better graphics. It could easily be the best! I know Nintendo wanted to make an afordable console that was fun to use but this is serious! The PS3 and XBOX 360 are some serious competition.(I personally hate the PS3 because I have played on it and I was not impressed!)Anyway the Wii could be much better than both if Nintendo had pushed its capabilities to the max. Unfortunatly they havn't and I personally think they never will! Nintendo is a great game company and in my books are one of the best, but this generations console war is gonna get very serious and Nintendo's Wii may be forgotten. I have a Wii and they are good but could be better.:hand:

i think ps3 was pretty much dead when it launched

Thankyou for agreeing with me the PS3 is doomed but people will buy it because of two things: It is Sony made and it is expensive!

Sony is so bad it's not funny.Like seriously,what the hell is so good about blu-ray discs?Does it make the game any better?And why the hell would you even want all that memory >.>

Very true and it is huge! I've seen it up close well I've played on it and man is it big...You need a crane to get it in your house

Its about a foot high man! It is huge bigger than the PS1 & PS2 put together and twice as Crappy! LOL

the price tag of the PS3 alone steered me away from it. Although the FF games rock the house on all Sony Consoles. I truly think that the Wii in time will get an upgrade of sorts for better graphics, or at least the programmers will be able to run it to its max.

Patient Young Ones !!

Very true wiifreak and wise the PS3 is like a trillion pounds totally not worth it! LOL

Actually I baught both the wii and the ps3, the ps3 is a serious machine I think Sony know where they wanna go but , they just havent figured out how to get there yet. The wii could have done with at least hdtv ability ......going forward these consoles tend to stay around for at least five years before the next model comes out.I can say without a doubt the following , my setup is a toshiba hm56 56" dlp tv with 2 hd inputs and resolution up to 1080p
I have the xbox360 , ps3 and wii the ps3 outperforms everyone in graphics.
Sony have few good games though.
The wii is for differant games than what you would use xbox360 or ps3 for.
The wii's concept is great but I honestly think given the fact that they do not dvd playing ability they could have added hidef ability.

why do you want dvd playability on a wii? everyone have a dvd player for movies. even if the wii could play dvd movies no one would play them there. Nintendo didn´t put it there for marketing strategy, so they can say: "media? we´re not into that kind of thing, we are games." Cause they could put the wii reading dvds at almost no cost.

Not going hdtv was an error in my opinion, and they should have made the wii way more powerfull (more memory, hdtv capability, dual core processor, ect), but as weren´t going for hdtv that was no need for that. And the arquitere of the wii, beeing the same as gamecube can make much more easy to program games for the wii and take advantage of it´s full potential. I wonder if that potential will be enough in time. :x

I love my wii, I always loved Nintendo, and Nintendo made a great enterance in the new console war, but they must do better if they want to keep winning. The wii have the remote, have great online capabilities, is cheap and good conection ports, now Nintendo MUST make full use out of it to bring all we are expecting for the wii, not just wii sports or gamecube ported zelda.. it´s cool, but everyone wants more.

While I agree they could have done it better (like including component cables or having 720p minimum), I think they are going for a different type of system. Just look at the concept of a Mii. They are going for the animated look and not photo realism. This allows them to concentrate of taking advantage of the new controllers and ignore just making pretty graphics. It also keeps costs down so much that they will make a fortune on volume by making the system more accessable.

For many people spending 500+ dollars on a video gaming system is a large part of their disposable income, for some they'd rather spend the money on a bigger computer. Even for people who have large incomes, spending $500+ on a toy for their kids with no educational value (other than teaching them hand eye cordination) is a big deal. I'm curious to know what the sales numbers for the "leapster" is....

While I would like cleaner graphics on my TV, For sheer fun, the Wii seems to be the trick.

1) We don't yet know the full capabilities of the Wii, also think about how amazing the controls are. The nunchuck is basically a joystick without a base, it's like a free moving joystick. Also the remote is amazing for throttle and things like that. This system has alot of unlocked potential.

2) The PS3 is a good machine, just wait until the game developers harness the multiprocessor Cell chip: can anyone say AI? This system too has alot of unlocked potential.

Just give the software developers time to learn how to use the new cutting edge hardware.

Yeah. The GFX could have been improved but thats not what they were about really. I would have accepted the Wii to be bigger to put in better Hardware as long as it's not the size of a 360. The PS3 is Too big for it to be Stylish and the Wii made it Stylish for a FrontRoom.

The Wii's aims were

- A Nice small friendly console for the whole family - To do this they made it small and since it was a family item it had to look inviting. Which it does

The Wii gets 10/10 on achieving what it was meant to do..

Though for hardcore gamers it gets 6/10 because of the GFX

And for Fun gamers it gets 10/10. It's fun :)

Back