Can u save in zelda 1 and 2

If by Zelda 1 you are referring to the original "The Legend of Zelda", yes you can save. Every time you die, you are presented with a "continue, save, or quit" menu.

you can also just hit the Home button. Since it's an emulator, it just saves the state of the game. When you come back, it's just like you had paused it. :)

i heard zelda was one of first major game to feature "save & load"

Deathmetalmaster said:
wow, No offense or anything, but I didnt think it was possible to not know that.

Lol i knew it would but i just wanted to make sure because even the orignal super mario bros didnt have a save feature.

To save the game in The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link pause the game with start then with a second controller hit Up on the directional pad along with pressing A. This is the instructions for the NES ofcourse.

Be very carefull when you turn off your NES and make sure that you press and hold the reset button while turning off the console to make sure your saved game doesnt get erased.

Good question on the board I would have never asked to be honest, but good question. I give it a :thumbsup::thumbsup:

funsohng said:
i heard zelda was one of first major game to feature "save & load"

I'm pretty sure thats true.

PS, Match - I'm looking at your sig pic and I'm wondering where the N64 is..?

DAMMIT I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. To be honest I was pretty drunk when I made it (hence the crappyness) I will change that as soon as I get home today. Thanks for reminding me about that

Everyone.. If you want to save your game file without dying in Zelda 1 Legend of zelda, just hit select (One that pulls up your items) and press up on the pad and the + button, the Continue, Save, and retry, prompt will come up so you can save without having to die.

Yes it works, I have done it, if it doesn't work for you, PM me and I'll make a more detailed talk.

Back