can u use the gc controller for vc mario kart

brad-bot

Wii Owner Since 8th Dec06
May 30, 2007
england
i was just wondering if u could use the gamecube controller for mario kart 64 on the vc becoz my gf wants to play me and i cant find any classic controllers

thanks alot

Yes, you can use the GC controllers to play a lot of VC titles, but some third party brands do not seem to be compatible with the Wii. Happy gaming.

uhh i dont have any GC controllers since i never had a GC so should i start buying classic controllers or GC controllers because i kno that sum games use the classic controller like brawl for instance nd maybe mario kart but which one should i get?

Let me just say, I've used the classic and I've used the GC controller. The GC controller actually makes Mario Kart on VC far better than it was on N64 and that was a great game. It feels very natural. On the other hand, the classic feels wrong. I think it feels wrong for a lot of games actually. It works best truely with the SNES VC games.

zap'em up said:
uhh i dont have any GC controllers since i never had a GC so should i start buying classic controllers or GC controllers because i kno that sum games use the classic controller like brawl for instance nd maybe mario kart but which one should i get?

It doesn't really matter, but to me I prefer the Gamecube controller.
Brawl uses the Wiimote, Wiimote w/nunchuck, classic controller and the Gamecube controller as well so you can get either one. Also the Gamecube controllers may be a bit cheaper than the classic controller.

i think im going to get both cuz u kno classic for certain VC games nd sum Wii games where classic controller is an option then i can use the GC controller for sum VC games nd any Wii game where i can use it lol
but i dont kno of any Wi games able to use the GC controller then brawl

CantGetAWii said:
Also the Gamecube controllers may be a bit cheaper than the classic controller.

You really think? The classic remotes cost $20 new. The GC wavebirds go for $30. Of course you can get the Wired for $20. Platinum cost $35 for some reason. not sure why. unless you mean... like used.

Mingus said:
You really think? The classic remotes cost $20 new. The GC wavebirds go for $30. Of course you can get the Wired for $20. Platinum cost $35 for some reason. not sure why. unless you mean... like used.

I was talking more of the Wired ones than the Wavebirds.
But if you can get the Wavebird wireless controller I would, as they are not coming to stores anymore.

Used is also a good way to go, personally I don't mind as its still a controller.

yea i might hav to get used one to save sum money
see this is y i shoulda bought a GC nd not a ps2 lol i would already have the controllers

CantGetAWii said:
I was talking more of the Wired ones than the Wavebirds.
But if you can get the Wavebird wireless controller I would, as they are not coming to stores anymore.

Used is also a good way to go, personally I don't mind as its still a controller.

It's a problem a I have. I don't like used stuff. Not like people have diseases but my collection is pretty important to me and I take good care of it. On amazon wavebirds are more expensive now new. Like $45. Blast.

I had a wavebird, but my bro brought it to a friends house and then accidently brought back his friends broken wavebird. Then when he tried to say that he got the wrong one, his jerk of a friend said that he was lying (probably so he could just have a non-broken one)

Ya...that's the sad story of my gcube life......If i dont get it back by the time brawl comes, heads will fly!

Back