Can UKers buy points in dollars?

Dev/Null

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
2000 Wii points cost 20USD and in the UK they cost £15. It would be cheaper for me to buy the points in dollars, can I do this and still download the games in the UK? I'm guessing I can't buy them in dollars through the channel but if I get my aunt in the US to buy them in physical form and give me the code will it work?

Last edited:
Dev/Null said:
2000 Wii points cost 20USD and in the UK they cost £15. It would be cheaper for me to buy the points in dollars, can I do this and still download the games in the UK? I'm guessing I can't buy them in dollars through the channel but if I get my aunt in the US to buy them in physical form and give me the code will it work?
Not sure, but wouldn't the cost of sending it over kinda negate the saving you'd make? Unless you buy in bulk...

...Or if your Aunt comes back personally...

Squall7 said:
Not sure, but wouldn't the cost of sending it over kinda negate the saving you'd make? Unless you buy in bulk...

...Or if your Aunt comes back personally...

Doesnt the wii points work of some kind of code that you put into the wii? i.e- manually? Hence couldnt his aunt open it, email him the code and then he put that code into his wii?

There aren't any on ebay at the moment and I guess someone else will try it after launch so I'll find out then but if they do work I will bulk buy wii points on my annual trip to the US.

Or if it is done by code I'll get my aunt to buy them whenever I need a top up.

A lil off topic, but sorta is, I know with games you can't use UK games on an American Console, vise versa etc... but what about controllers? If I wanted to could I get a Wiimote from America and use it for my UK Wii? Just wondering :)

Wiired said:
A lil off topic, but sorta is, I know with games you can't use UK games on an American Console, vise versa etc... but what about controllers? If I wanted to could I get a Wiimote from America and use it for my UK Wii? Just wondering :)

It will work fine :)

Back