Can Wii games be burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
I have yet to use my DVD burner sense I built this computer (4 or so months ago):scared:

Er, I don't think this is the place to be asking that.

RDBRaptor said:
Er, I don't think this is the place to be asking that.
Should I try the official Nintendo forums:idea:

we can talk about people hacking the vitual console and getting free games but not someone who wants back ups of their games?

^

If you go to the OFFICIAL forums, there is a good chance you will be reported and consequently arrested for piracy.

Carta said:
^

If you go to the OFFICIAL forums, there is a good chance you will be reported and consequently arrested for piracy.

Well seeing as how the answer is no. I would find it to be a hard legal argument against someone for piracy.

I'm pretty sure you can burn them all you want. However, you can't actually do anything with the burned copy so I don't know why you'd want to.

it is burnable but you 1) need to reverse the moter in your DVD drive (not the burner!) to be able to get the contents of the disc and 2) you need to find a way to make it into an ISO that has all the info backwords so when you burn it, the info can only be read when spinning in the opposite direction of normal DVD drives. then you need to go into the future and buy a modchip for it and install it for you to be able to play it. i heard that Doctor Brown is selling his plains for the Flux Compasater. you will only need 1.21 gigawats of electricity if you decide to buy it though. good luck!

Mitch2025 said:
it is burnable but you 1) need to reverse the moter in your DVD drive (not the burner!) to be able to get the contents of the disc and 2) you need to find a way to make it into an ISO that has all the info backwords so when you burn it, the info can only be read when spinning in the opposite direction of normal DVD drives. then you need to go into the future and buy a modchip for it and install it for you to be able to play it. i heard that Doctor Brown is selling his plains for the Flux Compasater. you will only need 1.21 gigawats of electricity if you decide to buy it though. good luck!

The discs don't spin backwards.

you sure? ive heard people say that the Wii has the discs spin the opposite direction just like the xbox

Mitch2025 said:
you sure? ive heard people say that the Wii has the discs spin the opposite direction just like the xbox
*sigh*

Neither of them do. It's just a rumor that spouted when some person claimed the GameCube discs spin backwards. However, if you look at the discs spin in the GameCube, you'll see it spins clockwise, like all CD's.

The XBOX was basically just PC hardware with a custom OS on it. Some people even got Windows running on it.

GC games are read and burnt backwards. I haven't seen any info about whether the Wii discs are burnt the same way. Google it.

Edit: I think you guys are confused. The discs are burnt from outside->inside. (I think it's this way.) whereas normal discs are burnt the other way around. So when you try to read a gamecube disc on a pc, the disc drive will read from the inside first, which is the normal way of doing things. In the case of GC discs, this means it will not read anything, and as a result, wont be readable by your pc/drive.

The discs still spin the right way.

Last edited:
Flip said:
GC games are read and burnt backwards. I haven't seen any info about whether the Wii discs are burnt the same way. Google it.

No, watch it.

Go ahead, look at it. Open the GameCube disc cover when it's playing. You can see the disc is spinning clockwise (also known as the same as every other disc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back