Can you use SD cards to save game memory on the wii?

yes you can! just use the sandisk sd cards for the wii, its white and it cost $39.99 but it is alot of room, 2GB will make u not worry for anymore space for other games... i got mine for $20.00 because the lady did a one day sale, i was lucky. eb games always has good sales, like sometimes they have a 5o percent off day sale. i dont get the $80.00 memory cards just because it says wii on the front of it... have fun with ur wii

trevorsantos said:
yes you can! just use the sandisk sd cards for the wii, its white and it cost $39.99 but it is alot of room, 2GB will make u not worry for anymore space for other games... i got mine for $20.00 because the lady did a one day sale, i was lucky. eb games always has good sales, like sometimes they have a 5o percent off day sale. i dont get the $80.00 memory cards just because it says wii on the front of it... have fun with ur wii

That sale at EB Games / Game Stop is going on till next weekend. The 2 GB SD card is $20 and the 1 GB is $24, don't ask. There are many other products that are on sale. There is a post about in the Hardware Forum. Holy crap man nice use of the English language. :scared:

Here is a link for the original poster regrading SD card info. Very helpful if you have no idea what you are doing.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp

trevorsantos said:
yes you can! just use the sandisk sd cards for the wii, its white
No you can't. The SD card can be used to backup save files but not directly save to them.

Oh and you can get 2gb Sandisk cards from ebay for under 20$ shipped.

Mr.Selfdestruct said:
Man thats B.S. if you really cant save your games on the SD.

It's no big deal really. You just transfer your saved game data to the SD card to free up space on your system memory or for the use on another Wii.

how do u transfer to the sd? and is it possible to save a game to be able to start from right where you left off at the moment you turn the console off as opposed to starting from the beginning of the previous round or something?

hot_mama said:
how do u transfer to the sd?

and is it possible to save a game to be able to start from right where you left off at the moment you turn the console off as opposed to starting from the beginning of the previous round or something?

Go to the memory settings on the Wii Menu

as far as saving at the exact location vesus the beginning of round/world/area... Depends on the game, Zelda makes you start from the beginning of the area/dungeon but with opened chests, doors, rocks, etc still intact in relation to when you saved.

the game: rayman raving rabbids

when i end round 1, i start round 2 then turned off the game right before entering round 3 then when i start again im abck to round 1...

hot_mama said:
the game: rayman raving rabbids

when i end round 1, i start round 2 then turned off the game right before entering round 3 then when i start again im abck to round 1...

You have to save before turning off the console. :wtf:

well, i try to, but when i select to quit the game, it doesn't give me an option to save... or maybe i'm missing it? sorry, i'm really confused...

Back