Canadian Dollar

Actually the Americans isn't the only super power. Countries such as Britain, France (?), N. Korea, China, Russia have currently been rebuilding in terms of military power and whatnot. So in a sense these countries as well can be considered as "super powers". Basically today we live in a somewhat multipolar world.

Well what do you mean by super power? Western Civilizations as a whole are pretty much collectively known as super powers. United Nations anyone?

Our military could still own most others though....mostly by stronger nationalism, sheer numbers, and *gasp* better tech. Although the RAF gives the US AF a run for it's money.

Syntax said:
Actually the Americans isn't the only super power. Countries such as Britain, France (?), N. Korea, China, Russia have currently been rebuilding in terms of military power and whatnot. So in a sense these countries as well can be considered as "super powers". Basically today we live in a somewhat multipolar world.
But isn't the U.S. the only considered World Power as of the moment even though others could be added to the list?

Brawny said:
Well what do you mean by super power? Western Civilizations as a whole are pretty much collectively known as super powers. United Nations anyone?

Our military could still own most others though....mostly by stronger nationalism, sheer numbers, and *gasp* better tech. Although the RAF gives the US AF a run for it's money.

I would consider a super power to be a country with a strong military presence along with a strong government whether or not that said countries govt. follows humanitarianism aspects or goals. For example N. Korea, they have a strong military presence however their govt. is run by someone with little to no respect towards its own people.

gamer9439 said:
Why is it that everyone from Canada does not like the USA. From my knowledge we are the only remaining super power in the world
I thinks it because ALL canadians hate bush.
Witch makes them hate America.

As for the war factor, billions of dollars are being spent on war in the middle east. Most (all) of that is borrowed money. This means that we are just adding on to our debt, which leads to inflation

Gah...international ignorance..ahhhhhh

LOL @ bmurray..... Go talk to Greenspan..it's not that simple. Inflation is actually at a decent level. The recent lowering of the interest rate to boost the collapsing housing market is what spurred on the canadian dollar equivilence. As soon as it picks up, say over the next few years, the rate will climb safetly back up, and all will be back to normal..with the USD > CAD.

i went to the states last weekend with my parents

spent about 800bucks USA/CND(i got money at like par)

350 at hollister
150 at ambercrombie
215 at apple store (itunes $$$, headphones, iphone case)
50 at aeropostal
20 at best buy(3 movies)
10 at dollar tree on candy
5 at starbucks on drink

only had to pay like 47 dollars on duty...so it worked out well

Brawny said:
Gah...international ignorance..ahhhhhh

LOL @ bmurray..... Go talk to Greenspan..it's not that simple. Inflation is actually at a decent level.
oh really? i beg to differ

http://www.haver.com/comment/070316a.htm

Granted that only shows until the middle of March, but if I'm not mistaken, the percentages have been rising since '03 and were at their highest points at the end of the graph. To say that inflation is at a "decent level" is a prime example of ignorance.

Last edited:
gamer9439 said:
Why is it that everyone from Canada does not like the USA. From my knowledge we are the only remaining super power in the world

I think you'll find it's not just Canada, the Americans are the butt of many a joke in Australia :lol:

Eagles said:
I think you'll find it's not just Canada, the Americans are the butt of many a joke in Australia :lol:

So, so true. It's the fact that a person like George Bush is the President of the greatest 'superpower' in the world.

Yea, we're too well known to not be the butt of jokes everywhere, and Bush does sound like a blubbering idiot when he speaks in public. All I can say is from what I've seen, the majority of the US could care less about other countries and their opinions about us.

Be happy we take it lightly and don't go ape on your asses. lol

You guys are so down on our priorities list, we can't keep you straight from Austria. hahaaaaa

Brawny said:
Be happy we take it lightly and don't go ape on your asses. lol

You guys are so down on our priorities list, we can't keep you straight from Austria. hahaaaaa
Haha, thats funny.

Back