Canceling my Wii... Going 360

Lethal said:
The 360 is probably the best choice right now because of the game selection and the outstanding marketplace they offer. The best titles to get are:

Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Call of Duty 3
Condemned
Any 07 sports games
Viva Pinata
Tony Hawks 8
Saints Row
Oblivion

GoW looks to be honest very meh, I mean sure it's pretty (and very brown) but what, its steroidal soldiers against an alien force right? Very...original.
Ghost Recon, can't say as I've never played it :)
CoD3, personally I'm sick of World War shooters, seriously up to here ^
Condemned, okay this does look pretty damn cool and I would like to play it :)
Sports games = lose personally
Viva Pinata, looks fun and funky :) one up for xbox
Tony Hawks 8, there's only really one series I'll follow over 5 and thats FF, incremental upgrades with no new real mechanics do not a new game make (played it, felt the same)
Saints Row *cough* GTA *cough*
Oblivion, the most boring RPG I have ever had the misfortune to play, beats even Ringriker (google it :p one of its features was *able to save*)

Soo out of those amazing games I'd play...2 but hey that's just me.

I don't mind what ABC will say, because he loves the 360, but if you are not going to buy a Wii, because of a 360, then you're a fool.

I won't do that even in a million of years, what a stupid decition...

*Waiting for ABC to quote this message*

I bought a 360, it ate my CD. Perfect circles engraved in my $59 cd. Thanks Microsoft! Returned it the next day.

And the fact you could cook a egg in seconds on the 360's processor is enough for me. Look up the video, it was linked on these forums.

I might get a ps3 someday but not a 360

Arcadium said:
I don't mind what ABC will say, because he loves the 360, but if you are not going to buy a Wii, because of a 360, then you're a fool.

I won't do that even in a million of years, what a stupid decition...

*Waiting for ABC to quote this message*

:lol: I say get both man. I wouldn't be able to live without my Wii nor my 360... there is no other way except to buck up and get both systems. THat is, if you are serious about gaming.

ABC said:
Wahh wahh wahh. True gamers want online play. When you get bored of a game on the Wii, what do you do then? Shove the Wiimote....

i no i'll get quoted for quoting u, but what u speak isnt true. True gamers want online play? if ur a true gamer, u look for more than great online play. if the game has no story to it, or has bad characters etc. then whats of the game?

Geno said:
i no i'll get quoted for quoting u, but what u speak isnt true. True gamers want online play? if ur a true gamer, u look for more than great online play. if the game has no story to it, or has bad characters etc. then whats of the game?
i look for both. if a game has great single but shitty multi (ala halo 2) ill buy it. if it has shitty single yet great multi, ill buy it (ala the rainbow 6 series). if it has both, SCORE! (ala GoW)

true gears of war is a great game. even tho i have no 360 i enjoy playing GoW.

Mitch2025 said:
i look for both. if a game has great single but shitty multi (ala halo 2) ill buy it. if it has shitty single yet great multi, ill buy it (ala the rainbow 6 series). if it has both, SCORE! (ala GoW)

Bingo... this is my response to the Geno's post. HGow the hell can you sum up an ENTIRE console and say IT doesn't have good gameplay? That's a pretty ignorant comment. You clearly do not own a 360. Have you even experienced what XBox Live has to offer? Once you do you will see it sets the standard for online gaming communites. Others imitate but rarely duplicate. That's my word, ya heard?

i've played xbox live. i have many friends with 360's thats how i've played GoW. i jus think paying for it is a lil bit ridculous. and when i last posted on this thread i simply meant this. yes online gaming is great. 360 has fun online gameplay.but if a game doesnt have online doesnt mean u throw it down and say its not worth it. to speak in 360 terms think of 1 of the greatest 360 games created, oblivion. no online play? still 1 of the best games in my view to come out on 360.

Eh, but in my opinion, if you're dropping the Wii for a 360 just because of Halo 3, you're making a terrible decision. Yeh, everyone gets really excited for each new Halo title before it comes out, and then the hysteria grows after it's been out for a few weeks, but then you realize the online multiplayer gets hacked quite regularly, half of the people playing the game are immature kids age 15 and under, and you notice that it doesn't take much to be good at a game with auto-aim and absolutely no learning curve.

Geno said:
i've played xbox live. i have many friends with 360's thats how i've played GoW. i jus think paying for it is a lil bit ridculous. and when i last posted on this thread i simply meant this. yes online gaming is great. 360 has fun online gameplay.but if a game doesnt have online doesnt mean u throw it down and say its not worth it. to speak in 360 terms think of 1 of the greatest 360 games created, oblivion. no online play? still 1 of the best games in my view to come out on 360.
Oblivion was good but it had NO replay value. once you beat the main story, it gets boring because you dont have any goal and its just torture to try and play it over.

Geno said:

I never said that just because a game doesn't have online, it's worthless. Please find a place where I said that. But it sure the hell is better than NOT having the online option at all... isn't it?

Microsoft is making 4 Halo games in 1 year ........pathectic :(
1. Halo Wars (A strategic game) $60
2. Halo 3 $60
3. Halo 3 Collector's Edition $70
4. Halo 3 Legenday Edition (Comes with a Spartan helmet) $100
All on November 1st 2007.

Back