Cannot connect to Netflix

goodtruant

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2010
I can connect to everything else. Weather channel, news channel, Mii Channel. The 'connection test' is successful. I ran an update and it downloaded one, ran it again and it said my software was up to date.

If I load the Netflix disc and start it up, I get "cannot connect to the internet" errors. 52030 and 20100.

Do I need to open ports on the router? What's up???

Netgear WGR614v6. I've tried WPA and WEP. I've tried channels 1, 7, 8, 9, and 11. I've added the Wii's MAC address to the access list, and have turned off the access requirements (neither way worked). I've tried to turn off NAT filtering, MTU set to 0 and 1500.

Any other suggestions?

Netflix says it's a Wii issue, siting the Wii error. Nintendo says, error 20100? Wait a few hours and try again. wtf?

I was able to connect for about a week. I left it connected the whole time. I had to disconnect to play a game....and now I haven't been able to connect to Netflix for almost a month.

Still every time I try to connect, it's error 20100. Other online channels and game work fine. Both of my kids DS's are able to connect wirelessly. The only thing that sin't working is Netflix.

I thought maybe the new Netflix channel would aleive the problem, but it's still 20100 error.

I've probably tried to connect to Netflix 500+ times over the past month....and I haven't been able to connect.

All connection test work. I've tried creating a new connection, what seems like 100 times. I down loaded the latest update. No go.

The Router seems to be the problem. I looked up your Error code and it stated the Wi-Fi servers maybe overloaded or it's your connection source.

Its definitly your router. I looked up your model and its not Movie Streaming Capable. Your router has a speed of 54Mbps (Mega Bits [Mb], not Bytes [MB]; big Difference). I use a Palm Touch that gives me 72Mbps but it won't let me use Netflix Either.

Setup the Wii with a static IP address and use the following:

DNS 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220
MTU 0

On your router set the IP address you have for the Wii on the DMZ.

See if this fixes your issue. This should also give you better connection.

How do I know if my router is movie streaming capable

Its definitly your router. I looked up your model and its not Movie Streaming Capable. Your router has a speed of 54Mbps (Mega Bits [Mb], not Bytes [MB]; big Difference). I use a Palm Touch that gives me 72Mbps but it won't let me use Netflix Either.

Hi there.... I'm having problems with Netflix. I've been using Netflix through my Wii for a few weeks. My router died yesterday. I replaced it with a Linksys E1000. The internet and shopping channel work fine. However, I can't get Netflix to work. I'm wondering if the E1000 is not Movie streaming capable. I checked the Linksys website, and it's not obvious to me if it is capable or not (my tech knowledge is limited). I guess my question is how do I tell if it is movie streaming capable or not? Thanks.

I continue to have the same issue. I can log in to netflix....but I have to try 100+ times in order to connect (and it seems like more).

If it wasn't for the bluray/dvd deliveries I'd cancel....and still might cancel anyway.

Back