Cannot connect with Netgear WNDR3300 router

k13

WiiChat Member
Apr 17, 2010
Bad Town, WA
I keep getting the error code saying that the password has been entered wrong or has been changed.

The wireless security settings are set to WPA-PSK [TKIP]

There is a "passphrase" under the routers security options, which I have been entering on the wii to no avail. For some reason I cannot seem to change this passphrase on the routers page - when I hit "apply" it reverts to the same old passphrase (that didn't work anyway). I should be able to change it, according to their web support, and hit "apply" but this isn't working.

I also tried entering the "password" I use to log in to the router (after "admin")

I have also written down a "wireless key" which I am not sure what that is for exactly - but it is a long string of characters, some of which are not even on the wii's "keypad" so I cannot properly enter it. I can't find anywhere to change the "wireless key" on my router's setting page.

Which am I supposed to enter? And why don't any of them work?

I am choosing the correct wireless network from the detected choices, by the way.

Any advice?

Problem solved...

Okay, duh got it working.

Followed this advice from the Nintendo site router page:

Our experience has shown that, in most cases, you will need to disable the 'SPI Firewall' in order to connect successfully with this router. This setting is typically found on the 'WAN Setup' tab.

Yay! :yesnod:

Back