Can't connect to WAP with WEP-128

EmbeddedBo

WiiChat Member
Jul 20, 2007
My home network has been using 128 bit WEP for years now. My Wii sees it, but when I enter the key, it fails the network connection test. What am I supposed to be entering at the Wii for the key, the 13 byte hex value? If I put spaces between the bytes it won't let me put the whole thing in. If I put the whole string in without spaces, the Wii accepts it but won't connect.

Am I entering the data in the wrong format to the Wii?

Bob

EmbeddedBo said:
My home network has been using 128 bit WEP for years now. My Wii sees it, but when I enter the key, it fails the network connection test. What am I supposed to be entering at the Wii for the key, the 13 byte hex value? If I put spaces between the bytes it won't let me put the whole thing in. If I put the whole string in without spaces, the Wii accepts it but won't connect.

Am I entering the data in the wrong format to the Wii?

Bob

you don't need spaces.

sounds like either the WAP isn't compatible with the Wii, or you have
some other type of security measure in place...MAC filtering perhaps?

this compatibility bollox is really stupid...if the Wii is 802.11b/g compatible
it *should* connect to any other IEEE 802.11b/g equipment.

You need to type in the Hex code (NOT the passphrase/password). For WEP-128, it is 26 characters long (WEP-64 is 13). Wii will work with WEP as well as WPA.

i have no problems connecting with a WEP 128 whatsoever :)

i tried it all in captial letters. also dont confuse 0's with o's like i did my first time entering the code.

Back