Can't decide o.O (swords)

tloztw

SLAUGHTER THE TRENDS
Jan 4, 2008
Cali
Wii Online Code
8872-9897-2756-7507
Alright so heres the idea.. basically i wanna buy a sword and i cant decide which i should buy, theres a 59 inch one that has a sheathe to fit it and then theres a 68 inch one, but there isnt a sheathe to fit it, and even if there were it'd be hard to get out...
so on one hand the 59 inch is still pretty big and its quicker but the 68 is a freakin behemoth... which one do you guys think i should get? lol

come on now.. im about to spend around $260 here lol... my use for it? camping trips/cutting couches in the back field in half

bubba-ga-nush said:
i would personally go with the 59 inch.

Thaaaaat's what she said.

Come on now guys? you couldn't of seen someone saying that in this thread? It's practically asking for it :lol:

Seriously, go with the 59 inch. I think that's the best decision because from how you described it, the 59 inche seems better.

*In walks a studyer of Iaido*

Swords are not ment as toys

If there gonna be for dispy there is no point to ownin one
If it is used for trainin (I dont think so due to your lack of knowlage about the diffrent types)I doubt that one that you can buy from a non martal arts shop will be of any good (ask your Sensei for ways of testin the blade)

Bigger is better. ^_^

But I would personally go with the 59 inch, as it could be hard trying to swing the other.

By personal exp with all types of weapons
The bigger the blade the harder it is to swing but there is more force in the swing but it leaves you open for attacks if you miss
Mainly due to proper Kitannas bein balnced
The wait betwiein the (I wont use the proper names) the handle and the blade should be balanced prefectly (the way to test this is to hold the blade by the hand gaurd and if it leans to one direction it is considerd to be inperfect)

Damn it
A nonsilly post by me
This allways happens when theres talk of swords
I become professonalPrinny

Why not dual wield?

You could potentially chop down twice as many undead that way.

EDIT: Don't forget to get a weapon chain, because if you come across a bear it might try and disarm you, and we all know that ain't good.

Last edited:
my friends the one stupid enough to take on a bear, not me lol and yeah guys i think im going with the 59".. the scabbards too appealing. and no i'm not a noob about this, display swords suck, i just want it to screw around with on camping trips or w/e... gotta get a carbon steel one...if my friend can get one too and we both get chainmails.. oh many tales years from now of drunken sword fights will ensue..

Last edited:
tloztw said:
, i just want it to screw around with on camping trips or w/e... gotta get a carbon steel one...if my friend can get one too and we both get chainmails.. oh many tales years from now of drunken sword fights will ensue..
Blades are not toys
People that treat bladed wepons as toys dont tend to live that long or end up losein a limb

Id addvise you dont get one
If you want somethin to screw around with get a wooden one

Darkprinny said:
Blades are not toys
People that treat bladed wepons as toys dont tend to live that long or end up losein a limb

Id addvise you dont get one
If you want somethin to screw around with get a wooden one
remember these words, anything can be a toy if you try hard enough.

Back