Can't find a Wii?! Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for those unlucky not to worry!

December 14, 2007 - In a conference call this morning, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime revealed a plan to get Wii systems in the hands of frustrated consumers still unable to get ahold of the elusive system.

Fils-Aime revealed that the company has partnered with GameStop to distribute rain check certificates. Consumers can buy a certificate on December 20th and 21st for the full price of the Wii system, securing a system for pick-up in January.

The company partnered with GameStop because of GameStop's strength in pre-sell technology.

Fils-Aime followed up the announcement in a Q&A by revealing that supplies of this rain check will be "many tens of thousands." The system must be picked up in January at the store in which the certificate was purchased. According to Fils-Aime, the certificate is at least something to put under the tree this Christmas for those who can't acquire the system by normal retail means.

He also pleaded with consumers who are paying eBay premiums for Wii systems to "wait a little longer, more Wiis are on the way." This weekend six retailers including Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City will have mass Wii shipments for their newspaper advertising inserts.

Nintendo is unable to meet demand due to many factors. According to Fils-Aime, because the system utilizes many components from many different suppliers, if one is unable to up the supply, Nintendo is unable to up supply on the system.

"We will not know the extent of the Wii demand until we reach it," Fils-Aime said. "Having enough systems would make everyone, including me, happy."

Also to add:

Gamestop/EBgames will be having a Wii Rain Check Program. People will be able to preorder Wii's on December 21st and 22nd and will be guaranteed one by the end of January.

I'm willing to sell my Wii as well for no more than retail. Heck I'll even trade for a 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back