Can't Get 2nd Player Remote To Connect

kls

WiiChat Member
Aug 30, 2007
Really really dumb question, we are trying to play 4 player Domination, and we don't know how to connect player 2 or player 3 Wii remotes!!....We point the remotes at the Wii and press "1" and "2" at the same time......we're pulling our hair out b/c we want to play against each other- what are we doing wrong?

Welcome...anyway.

Here's some things:

1: When you pressed 1+2, were you at the reconnection menu?
2: Try press the little button by the batteries.
3: Change the batteries.

kls said:
Really really dumb question, we are trying to play 4 player Domination, and we don't know how to connect player 2 or player 3 Wii remotes!!....We point the remotes at the Wii and press "1" and "2" at the same time......we're pulling our hair out b/c we want to play against each other- what are we doing wrong?

You either press A when you get in the game. Or you press the red button on the Wii console (when you open the flap) and then you press the red button by the batteries. This is called syncing the remote. Theres a writeup in the intrustion manuel just so you know...

The sync option for pressing 1 and 2 is a temporary sync, intended for when you bring your remotes to a friend's house. Use the red button method to permanently sync them to your console.

There are three ways to sync, the first works sometimes, the second almost always works, and I only use the third if I had previously synced the remote to a different wii or if I changed the batteries.

1 ... While operating the Wii with one remote, just press A or B with the others and they should connect.

2 ... Press the Home button, go to Wii Remote Options, then Reconnect, then have everyone one at a time simply press 1 and 2 simultaneously and then let go and wait like 5 seconds. This almost always works for me.

3 ... Open the battery cover and press the red button and immediately after that press the red sync button on the Wii. (Under the flap near the CD insert)

What throws everyone off is that the remote that's included with your Wii has been pre-synced to the console (like with the red-button method).

If you buy another, you need red-button-sync it to your Wii for best results. The other method is temporary.

Back