Can't pass conenction test

Nogenscone

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
I am yet to be able to successfully pass a connection test. I have tried every combination of router settings I can think of. The wii is in a position that I have used a laptop in and connected so I know there isn't interference there.

If I set the wii to get its IP from the DHCP then I get a 52030-52032 error. When I specify a static IP for it (and use the dns that the other PCs on the network are using) I get error 52130-52132.
If I put the IP i have chosen for the wii in the DMZ for my network i STILL get the 52130-52132 error which indicates to me that its not a firewall issue.

I have tried running my router on channels 1 and 11. I have MAC filtering turned off. I have tried it in both g only and b/g mixed modes. I have power cycled my router about a hundred times and updated its firmware.

The fact that I can progress the error code by statically assigning an IP tells me that the wii is at LEAST conencting to the network...just not the internet. Can anyone help?

Bump cos i'm having the same problem. It finds the router but never passes connection test. Well it did pass it once, downloaded an update, then stopped working again

Somebody help

I dont use WEP and I use a D link model G604T, went on the website and i couldnt find any firmware updates. I may have not looked hard enough.

But it does connect. The wii has connected to the router and passed the connection test, albeit only once. That must mean something. When we first got the router it did the same thing with my computer. Worked sometimes but most of the time it didnt.

I am using WEP and WPA. The WEP is using 128 bit encryption on key 2. I have tried it using just WEP and on key 1 but I get the same result.

I know I am entering in the code correctly because i get different error codes if i deliberately put it in wrong.

Roughly - wrong WEP key gives code xxxxx <-can't recall what it is but
its less than 52030
- no static IP gives code 52030-52032
- right WEP key and static IP gives code 52130-52132

So by fixing different things i can "progress" through the error codes but not as far as getting no errors.

Back