can't read disc...

SexySwimmer58

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
Clarksburg, MD
Wii Online Code
8513-1007-6124-7234
today my wii decided that it was going to stop reading my zelda: twilight princess disc. normally, i would just assume that the disc was scratched and that i need to return it. however, i tried playing it on my friend's wii and it worked fine. what makes this even more confusing is that both my wii sports and rayman raving rabbids discs work normally.
i keep getting the error message "the game disc could not be read. please refer to your wii operations manual for more information."
what is going on??

To clean discs use a soft cloth, like the sleeve of a silk or cotton t-shirt and gently apply the cloth into damp cold water. Start rubbing the disc in a circular and soft motion, dry it off with the other half of the cloth, and you should be fine.

You should never clean an optical disc in any other way than starting from the middle and wiping outwards. any motion going along the tracks can easily create small scratches that reflect the laser and make the disc unreadable.

hell yeah, totally learned that cleaning manauver from the redbox movie rental vending machine at walmart.

thanks for the fast responses!
haha i forgot to mention i already did that... sorry...
i also forgot to mention that when i get the error message, the wii freezes and the only way i can turn it off is by unplugging it...

SexySwimmer58 said:
thanks for the fast responses!
haha i forgot to mention i already did that... sorry...
i also forgot to mention that when i get the error message, the wii freezes and the only way i can turn it off is by unplugging it...

Actually the Wii that I have at work can take a while to power off, so I have to do the same, but with the Wii I got home, it works fine. You might want to contact Nintendo, as your Wii may have a few defects, (as well as the one at my job.).

Back