Can't Read Game Disk

DanMichSr

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
We just purchased the Wii and it had a DVD that came with it. On that disk I think it had a baseball game and boxing etc. It was playing the first day but then the second day when we put the disk in it won't read it. It's not the disk as we put a new game in andit came up with the same thing that it can't read the disk. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks :mad2:

i had the same problem. call the 800 number in the wii manual and tell them that you are getting a disk read error for multiple games. nintendo sent me a new one within 2 days and paid to have the old one shipped to them.

If the disk isn't scratched, you probably put it in backwards. My friend did that once, and I said "WTF? It's practically brand new, not a single scratch.. *eject* .. oh."

I did the same thing the first time I put a disk in lol...

ugh, yeah I put the game in backwards when I first got it too. I was freaking out bc I had waited a long time to get it and I thought I got a bad batch. I was like "nooooooooooo"!

Not as dumb as me....

I have my Wii next to the TV where all my electronics are, my buddy and I sat down to play a game of Madden, I put the game in and it didn't load. I pushed eject and nothing came out, I tried again, nothing. I was thinking oh crap the Wii is busted. Finally I had a weird thought and pressed eject on my DVD player, sure enough, there was Madden sitting in there. oops :)

I have put my disks in backwords loads of times. Oh and the Wii can't read broken disks, I acidently broke my Excite Truck game, Don't worry, I shelled out another $50 and bought. It's that fun.

Just checking in with the 'i put my disc in the wrong way too' crew :)

Just double check the disc label is pointing to the right and you'll be golden - hopefully.

Might not be the problem but..

I had my Wii Sports disk facing bottom-up on top of my entertainment center. I left the house for a few hours, came back, put it in and it didn't work. I looked at the CD and saw a bunch of little spots on it, seems that my mom sprayed Febreeze, which doesn't scratch the disk but does make it unreadable..

Just try wiping it off gently, unless you were just putting it in the wrong way. ;p

Back