cant turn wii on

havingproblems

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
ok, i have been tying to get the wii for about 4 weeks... i finally got one yesterday and i cant get it off of "orange" light. i press the power button and all it does is blink green and the disk drive turns blue, then all the lights go off. i try pressing the power button but nothing happens. help me plz

Take it back. This seems like a problem with the machine. Mine booted right up without any issues what so ever.

You didn't buy this out of the back of someone trunk did you? :)

Yeah, bring it back..you should beable to turn it on from either the wiimote or the power button on the wii, its definately defective. sorry man :/

wii dont work

yeah i talked to nintendo and they said that they couldnt fix it and they are sending me a new one in 3 days that has already been tested and works. no i didnt buy this out of someones trunk exactly.... more like EB games.... :cool:

he told me that the wii arent tested at all b4 being sold.... they just kinda make em then send them out, thats how this happens, but def dont be scared to call the nintendo #. they are def nicer than the sprint people.
ill be back with my friend code yall

LilWiiWii said:
Yeah, bring it back..you should beable to turn it on from either the wiimote or the power button on the wii, its definately defective. sorry man :/

Thats weird I can only turn mine off with the Wiimote not on.
Are you sure yours can do this?:scared:

bdrains2003 said:
Thats weird I can only turn mine off with the Wiimote not on.
Are you sure yours can do this?:scared:
Yes. Try yours to make sure, it might be defective.

havingproblems said:
yeah i talked to nintendo and they said that they couldnt fix it and they are sending me a new one in 3 days that has already been tested and works. no i didnt buy this out of someones trunk exactly.... more like EB games.... :cool:

he told me that the wii arent tested at all b4 being sold.... they just kinda make em then send them out, thats how this happens, but def dont be scared to call the nintendo #. they are def nicer than the sprint people.
ill be back with my friend code yall

Well, good thing they are giving you a new one that they know works for sure.

It's good Nintendo is no nice. ^^

Prez said:
Yes. Try yours to make sure, it might be defective.

Oh I'm sure. Actually I thought Nintendo was pretty stupid for not allowing
it to. Looks like I've got my first defect discovery from my first generation system. Damn this happens to me with every first gen I buy lol.
Oh well nothing major.:mad2:

Back