Capcom Bringing Resident Evil Zero To Wii

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that Capcom are planning to release an updated version of Resident Evil Zero for the Wii during the course of this summer in Japan - under the name Biohazard 0 of course. The game will most likely make its way to the US and Europe soon thereafter, however nothing has been confirmed as of yet.

Just like the Wii version of Resident Evil 4 the game will see little changes from its predecessor and play similarly to its Gamecube counterpart - to the extent of almost been a port. However, specific areas of the game will apparently be updated to be played with the Wiimote, so there may be a small reason for Resi fans to pick up the game again. The magazine also reveals that the games main characters will still be Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen, and that no extra modes have been revealed for the game as of yet.

We wonder will the game see sales similar to the updated Wii version of RE4? It's unlikely in our opinion unless they make a few significant changes to the game. We'll admit a Wii version of God Hand would have been more welcome as well.

good news but might mean that re5 is not coming to wii. linkage

Of course re5 isn't coming to the wii. It simply can't handle that type of grphics and game play engine. So we are stuck with a wii-make of a rather under rated GCN specific RE title instead.

They know we crave RE5 but it just simply isn't happening unless you're willing to invest in a more powerful console.

I hope they overhaul the game play and make at least aiming wii-mote dependent. although the fixed camera angles could prove to me a problem as well. (that was the biggest change Re4 had from the rest, the behind the person camera instead of the fixed angles to simulate a horror movie)

If they do decide to remake RE0 for the wii they should at least copy the formula of Re4 so the wiimote aiming actually works. Also some new content wouldn't be so bad.

This game could prove to be a sleeper hit amongst wii-owning RE fans. Or it could prove to be another gun survivor (shudder). It's all up to Capcom, so hopefully they'll get it right. They've done well with the wii thus far, so I have faith they can turn out a quality product once again.

Yea I don't know whats up with people thinking RE5 is coming to Wii.

As for RE0 being ported, I think its stupid because Wii's graphics is barely different from the Gamecube. Seems like Capcom keeps recycling RE over and over.

Like Mushroom said, if they port it, I would atleast use RE4 style so that it creates a different gameplay instead of just a recycled game. You can "remake" Resident Evil games but so many times before it gets old.

T3kNi9e said:
Yea I don't know whats up with people thinking RE5 is coming to Wii.

As for RE0 being ported, I think its stupid because Wii's graphics is barely different from the Gamecube. Seems like Capcom keeps recycling RE over and over.

Like Mushroom said, if they port it, I would atleast use RE4 style so that it creates a different gameplay instead of just a recycled game. You can "remake" Resident Evil games but so many times before it gets old.
dude its just a hope that re5 comes to wii. now woudnt i know that u cant have same graphics as ps3 and 360 but just look at star wars force unleashed. its on all three systems and they are evening out wii version with extra levels to make up for physics and graphics.

T3kNi9e said:
Im not saying its not coming because of graphics, Capcom already said they are not doing it.
yeah thats too bad because we wii owners love us some good zombie blasting.

Capcom are REmake whores...they done it RE and Street Fighter...hella good games though:)

Seems like im not the only one who thinks this is a stupid move by Capcom. Alot of the comments over at Kotaku about it have alot of people saying its going to ruin the game and/or its pointless to keep making REmakes if they are not gonna bring anything new to the table like remaking it using RE4 engine.

I'm getting sick of Capcoms Lazy developers. RE5 IS possible on Wii with extra work(DUH!!) but Capcom seems to be lazy when it comes to Wii. They didn't even update the graphics for RE4. If they were smarter they could have spent an extra 4 months of development improving the controls and graphics of RE4 and Viola! The game would have been released near Holloween and sold about %50 more copies.

I'm glad theres going to be another RE game on the Wii, and although its another oldie the controls will be updated for the Wii and it worked brilliantly on RE4. I know they aren't going to do RE5 but they should atleast bring out an all new game for the Wii. Instead of UC they should have worked on a new Wii RE.

I'll still probably buy it though :lol:

cool!!

next call of duty is also coming to wii, which means wii will start taking most hard core games as well...cool!! :)

But it's not going to be like RE4 but like the Gamecube version of RE0. Which is wierd since Wii graphics aren't that much special compared to Gamecube so the only real difference will be controls. Have you played RE0 btw? Alot of RE4 fans do not like the old Resident Evil games.

As long as the controls aren't all tank-like , like old school RE's , then I am fine.

Again, Capcom is being lazy. I don't think we'll see an RE4 style game here. It's too much work for their poor developers.

Rehash of Resident evil 0 nah i'm not feeling this personally I hated this entry in the series I thought the storyline was slow paced and it sucked.

So what are capcom going to do? Update the graphics and add resi evil 4 gameplay?

I'll think i'll give this a miss an grab myself a copy of resi evil 5

As for COD 5 don't make me laugh the graphics will be hella **** on the wii!

Back