Capcom Has a Surprise for Resident Evil fans with a Wii.

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Capcom’s Associate Product Marketing Manager, Matt Dahlgren has responded to Resident Evil 5 not releasing on the Wii by saying “It was made for the Xbox 360 and PS3. That being said, Nintendo Wii fans will be very happy very soon.” So what could this surprise be? Resident Evil 5 made for the Wii? A remake? Only time will tell.

linkage

REIEDENT EVIEL UMBRELLA KRONIKALZ 2 : TEH ONRAILZ!!

Ive kinda been put off Resi 5 due to it being mostly a co-op game

In before stickmode complaining about it not being Resi 5

Res. 5 demo on 360 was amazing~ you can play single player but the CPU is a tard.

I bet this "surprise" is just the wiimake of resident evil 0. big deal.

Looks like it could be a Resident Evil Veronica game, there were also rumors floating around it'd be a Resident Evil 2 port:

A portion of a Game Focus interview with Capcom’s Matt Dahlgren

Game Focus: One of the staff here loves Code Veronica (Fale) and was wondering if we would see a XBLA or PSN release of this game.

Matt Dahlgren: Nothing is planned for the game regarding a remake on PSN/XBLA, but what I can say is if you are a fan of Code Veronica you should pay attention in the next couple of weeks there is some news you should be very pleased with. Tell him to pay attention on the 12th (March).

http://kotaku.com/5165889/wii-to-get-resident-evil-code-veronica-update

Hopefully it's an all new Code Veronica game. And NOT on-rails!!

Most excellent, though I'm hoping for an all-new game rather than a port. I actually enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles quite a bit, I wouldn't mind if we got another on-rails shooter.

How many times can they port these games over. We already got the whole series on Gamecube which as you all know can be played on the wii.

How many times can they port these games over. We already got the whole series on Gamecube which as you all know can be played on the wii.
If people buy it
They will make more

Personally id like to see a upgraded version of Resident Evil 2 as that remains one of my fave games
(Not that game.com version)

I will cross my fingers for a directly port of RE5!!
I don't interested in old franchises!!
A RE5 port using the same engine "MT Framework" they used for Xbox360/Ps3 will be better, pushing the Wii's hardware to the limits!!
And add the RE4 Wii Edition controls, the result "The best RE5 version even better than the Xbox360/Ps3 versions"
Cross your fingers!!

Im not expecting to see RE5 on wii (maybe on Wii 2 ,or whatever nintendo's next console is)

Although whatever RE they make whether its RE2-make ,or RECV-make ,or some new spin off I want to see it in an upgraded version of the RE4 engine.

I found the way RE4 controls on Wii far superior to the slowness of RE5 on Xbox.

Res. 5 demo on 360 was amazing~ you can play single player but the CPU is a tard.

I bet this "surprise" is just the wiimake of resident evil 0. big deal.

No. We already new about that. I reckon it will be Umbrella Chronicles.

No. We already new about that. I reckon it will be Umbrella Chronicles.

We've known about the RE0 wiimake, but it is Japan only afaik, so big news could point to localization for it (I doubt that though). However, given the information ResEvilWii quoted, I'd bet it's something to do with Code Veronica.

From Gamesradar:
A rash of interviews say that a Resident Evil game for the Wii that relates to Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica, the two games not covered in the first Umbrella Chronicles, will be announced on March 12th. All sources and quotes at the link.

I was wondering why RE2 was omitted in RE:UC :S
Hopefully it won't be on-rails, but UC was okay, but I would rather play it in the original formula with RE4 engine. Imagine this, your in a dark corridor looking over Claire's shoulder, when suddenly zombies pop out in your face, this is my idea for RE6, but I know Capcom'll say "NO, we would rather use our own ideas" :p

Back