Carnival Games... somebody give a review!

That's why I came here.... I dunno if opitekk actually played the game but it is soooooooo f'ing fun. I like it more than Wii Sports definitely. There's a lot of stuff to unlock with tickets and doing certain things within the games but the games themselves are fun. My dad was playing with me a little while and he was laughing about some of the games. I only planned to play it for about half an hour before jumping into MP3 but I ended up playing it for about 2 hours. Some of the games are hard, but that's good because it's no different than playing them in real life. So far my favorite game is Nerves of Steel... the game where you have the little ring and have to guide it along and electrified pole-type track from one end to the other. The first time I hit the track I jumped haha I'm not sure exactly how many games there are that aren't repeats of other games (you can unlock "super" modes of about half the games) but even if it was just Skeeball, I'm happy with it. So far I have no complaints. It really is a lot better than I even hoped it would be. I guess the only downside is it brought back "Wii elbow" for me, which I haven't had since Wii Sports and I've played just about every game that's been released thanks to GameFly. DEFINITELY not a waste of time, though. It's just pure fun. I was worried it'd be the type of game that once I unlock everything I won't want to play it, but I can see myself picking it up just for a little fun any time. It's especially good for the casual gamers. They kinda hyped it up to be like Wii Sports only carnival games and that's exactly what it feels like. Like I said, the games that are hard to do well in (i.e. ring toss) are just the same playing them real so as far as difficulty goes, it's really good. It had a lot of surprise games I didn't know were in it and I'd been following this game from day one. I'm gonna go play now! I needed a break from Metroid Prime's intensity haha

My day after review... I'm sore. haha
I played it a lot more last night and I guess the only complaint I might have is that you can't customize your character's hair very much. heh But the character barely matters. I just like unlocking stuff anyway but really what your character looks like doesn't matter much. Other than that, I guess I just wish there were more games but only because it's so fun that I got kinda sad when I realized I played through all of them. There are plenty, though, don't get me wrong. I can tell you this: There are 20 standard games, 5 "arcade games" (like the love-o-meter or the fortune teller) and 10 "super" games I mentioned. The super games are really fun but you don't get prizes for them like the regular games. You just go for a high score. But they're not always like the regular games. There's a old west shootout gallery that I love and the super spilled milk game (knock over the bottles) is fun cuz the stacks get so high.
But yeah, $40 it's worth it. If I rented it, I would've gone out and bought it right away. I was so scared it was gonna be another Cooking Mama where I'd finish in 3 hours and not have much replay to it but even if I'd unlocked everything (which I'm FAR from doing) I'm still really looking forward to having friends over and playing multiplayer.

Back