Cars - a Wiired Review.

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
(skip to bottom if you wish to just see my ratings given)

e023_1.JPG

Well, due to the fact that I don't think no-one on this site owns or even cares about the game Cars, except me 'cause I happened (for some reason) to get this THQ film tie-in game for Christmas, I thought I'd tell you whether the game is like a typical THQ game, or whether it really is worth buying.
I haven't seen the movie, but I'm positive that this game is solely based on it, due to the fact that all games made by THQ are basically a playable version of the film. You play as the main character in the film, Lightning McQueen, in which you prepare yourself for the up and coming Piston Cup season, though having to get ready to beat the current champion of the cup, Chick Hicks, but you get a lot of help from all your 'friends' of Radiator Springs.
Now to what I think of it, when I first got it, though I appreciated the present, inside I laughed at the fact I got it, and as I've said already, I probably just got it due to my Dad seeing it cheap on eBay, but I thought meh, a Wii game's a Wii game after all, and I don't have many. I put it in my Wii, to be introduced to a pleasent (sp? mind gone blank :)) music/video combo on the Disc Channel.
Skipping to the actual game, there are a few main modes before you start the game, the obvious 'career' mode (can't remember exactly what that's called) and an arcade mode.
I started the game, and noticed that the graphics were pretty cool (animation-like graphics) until I started playing, finding out that everything was the same! During a race (usually of 3 laps) where ever you go, its just road you travel on and sandy grass as the other land, with the odd cliff here and there, and after 1 lap of looking at it, I was already bored of it.
The controls I found difficult. In NFS : Carbon, when turning a sharp turn, you just have to tap break, make a lil' drift, and perfect. This is a different story. You can't just turn naturally so I thought, right I have to break, but that failed to, maybe I just don't have the hang of it, but even with that, the races are so easy to win, but still have un-realistic features, such as crashing into a wall makes you bounce back untouched, and into other cars barely moves them.

Overall my ratings are as follows :
Graphics - 6/10 (originally good, until you find out they're repetitive)
Controls - 5/10 (personally found them difficult)
Game Play - 8/10 (due to the extra mini-games and multiplayer, giving lotsa stuff to do, though easy)
Replay Value - 4/10 (races are repetitive, giving them the boring factor)
Originality - 5/10 (seen it before, nothing that new about it, though nice tie-in with film)
Overall - 28/50 - 5.6/10

If your looking for an alright racing game, thats easy, can be fun and your under the age of 12, I recommend this to you. Though if you're really into racing games, I personally recommend Need For Speed : Carbon, and leave Cars on the shelf.

Hope this helps some people, though I doubt anyone will really care :) though people who don't, comments on my review will be appreciated :) Thanks.

Last edited:
yeah i have this game as well, i dont remember why we got it, or when or anything lol ... i tried one race and 1 mini-game and its been on the shelf ever since ... kids like it tho.

:lol: I know you don't get much damage in NFS, but at least you get scratches up the size (which you see after races) on this, they barely even comment when you crash :lol:..

Great, I wont pick it up now. Was gonna pick it up for my 7 year old cusion but I can see it never being touched. The other game I was gonna but was Happy Feet, anyone fancy reviewing :S?

Well I personally recon, if anyone, a 7 year old would love it, but it's your decision, and sorry but haven't got Happy Feet :)lol:) but I'll probably review some other games.

wiiguynintendothing said:
:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: y did u write a reveiw on cars
Why post aloada spam just to say that? And for the record, I wrote it 'cause since when has anyone spoke about it? Felt like doing something different for a change on this site, most threads seems to be the same these days. I'm planning on writing other reviews too.

wiiguynintendothing said:
:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: y did u write a reveiw on cars

Because noobs like you are always asking what games to buy!

I'm thinking no one over the age of 12 got this game using their own money. This is purely a "gift" game from parents who impulse shop.

Good review though!

i bought it ... and got bored of it after about 3 hours ... i will go back later and complete it ... but only to complete it ... not coz i enjoy the game that much.

i'm too busy playing RRR.

btw - i'm 24... i don't think i should be playing cars.

:lol: I've tried playing it, but I just can't. I get bored in literally a couple of minutes, only done 2 races. Too busy playing NFS and Zelda to really think about it.

Back