Cars

blueovalboy7 said:
I'm not even going to begin to act like I completely understand the figures that go with cams and springs, but I do know that if you're putting in a more aggressive cam into the Z06, that car is going to be redonkulous.:smilewinkgrin:

It's a pretty stout bumpstick :yesnod:

I'd call it "medium big" - there will be no doubt the car is cam'ed up, but most of the really good tuners have no problems making it idle and run super smooth. I'm going to start with my own DIY tune, and later get it really dialed in.

~DT

Finished cleaning up my HID install - Wow, they look amazing, real happy with the ACA product.

This is like my own personal auto blog... hahahaha!

my nice seatcovers:lol:

IMG_1387.jpg

my car at sunrise when i came home from a holiday:

IMG_1221.jpg

the car in primer:
IMG_0622-1.jpg

and my DVd player
IMG_1123.jpg

[DT] said:
It's a pretty stout bumpstick :yesnod:

I'd call it "medium big" - there will be no doubt the car is cam'ed up, but most of the really good tuners have no problems making it idle and run super smooth. I'm going to start with my own DIY tune, and later get it really dialed in.

~DT

lump lump lump lump lump lump lump lump lump :yesnod:

GC8 said:
lump lump lump lump lump lump lump lump lump :yesnod:
Gotta love it. :D

Also, as a personal side note, it's amazing what tuners can do for these modern cars, my mustang's only real claim to modern technology is the Eclipse receiver and Alpine speakers, other than that there is no computer. I mean with the new turbo diesel trucks, larger exhaust + tuner = gains of up to 120 hp and 230 ft/lbs tq as some companies claim, simply amazing.

I will eventually put a better motor/suspension in the mustang, but for now it will most definitely suffice. I'm thinking eventually a 331/347 stroker with a mustang II front end conversion and a ford 9" in the rear, plus other little things.

Figured I'd bump my thread with something I bought today - check out the real titanium crossover/bypass - had to use some kind of plasma welder! Just gonna turn around and sell mine (same OEM Ti exhaust), so the whole transaction will cost about $250 which is pretty sweet. Louder, no drone, same incredible 11lbs! (plus the two new small pipes):

Ti010.jpg

Ti016.jpg

Is that the same car you showed a while ago in another thread? It's looking pretty good. I like the headunit! Very nice with the DVD player, my brother was gonna get one like that, but they're really expensive... I can't wait till I'm driving next year... I'm gonna change the exhaust, maybe paint the wheels white... Not sure what else, but it's gonna be fun!

[DT] said:
Figured I'd bump my thread with something I bought today - check out the real titanium crossover/bypass - had to use some kind of plasma welder! Just gonna turn around and sell mine (same OEM Ti exhaust), so the whole transaction will cost about $250 which is pretty sweet. Louder, no drone, same incredible 11lbs! (plus the two new small pipes):

Ti010.jpg

Ti016.jpg
Very very nice. Once they're installed you should post a sound clip.

i have this:
galtemp01.jpg

not exact, but a hotted up black mitsubishi lancer.

but i want this:
boze_highoctane_audi_tt_1.gif

black audi tt.

this wouldn't go astray:
14292F.jpg

or a:
lexus_ft-hs_hybrid_concept_1_x.jpg

hybrid lexus.

blueovalboy7 said:
So did you install the new exhaust yet?

It should be here Monday! (FedEx appears to be working). I sold my stocker in like 48 hours. Going to turn it around in the same packaging.

FYI, those pics were from the seller (I might have not clarified).

There's a guy right around the corner with an incredible shop with a lift right in his garage. I'm going to take him some cookies or something. :lol:

[DT] said:
It should be here Monday! (FedEx appears to be working). I sold my stocker in like 48 hours. Going to turn it around in the same packaging.

FYI, those pics were from the seller (I might have not clarified).

There's a guy right around the corner with an incredible shop with a lift right in his garage. I'm going to take him some cookies or something. :lol:
Bribery never hurts :D

Luckily when I need to do work on the stang my dad's work has a huge shop with lift, parts washer, media blaster, every type of welder you could need, plasma cutter, power washer, and just about any other tool you could need.

Owlsgo, if we're going to get into what we want I think I would come up with about 1000 posts worth of cars/trucks but if we're going to narrow it down I'd say top three, that are reasonably attainable, they would have to be...

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
corvette-z06-miami-1.jpg

2005 Subaru Impreza STi
980784456209126725im1main565x421_a562x421.jpg

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
CrisB_Evo_IX_MR.jpg

with a name like "blueovalboy", one would think your top pick would be a Chevy!!!!

Well I was saying reasonably attainable and stock cars and I mean sure a Mustang GT would be nice and very modifiable, but out the box those other three have more to offer than a stock GT Mustang which is the only reasonably priced Ford car I would go with, and don't get me started on trucks because I love those too.

And you can't tell me that Z06 isn't beautiful. 7.0L of fire-breathing Detroit muscle pumping 505 hp from the factory. Add intake and a tune and you're pushing 520 to the wheels. (There is a guy on another of my forums that has those mods on his Z06 and has dynoed his car at that number, he also topped his car out at 206 mph on a runway, after talking with him I am sold on the car)

Last edited:
Back