Celebrity Encounters

various football related 'celebs', such as sven eriksson, john barns, ian rush, de boer brothers, dani, jerzy dudek, van der sar...andy gray (commentator off sky sports), abbey clancy (2nd in britain's next top model and peter crouch's ex) - that was yesterday in fact, she's f*ckin gorgeous! errm chris off hollyoaks...that's all i can think of at the moment

I met the old guitar from Sum 41, the Dave guy that left :lol:
He was at his sister's play in the town next to mine, and my cousin was also in it, so I had to go. I guess it was sort of worth it, I got his autograph but he's not in the band anymore, so it's not worth much :lol:

as many of you know i was in hitch but i was an "extra" when they went to city hall. nothing too spectacular so trust me youre not missing much...i know MANY of you have tried to find me and lemme tell you it aint easy lmao. someone had to mention to me that i was in it from the NYPD film unit. :crazy:

anyways, working in NYC you tend to meet tons of celebrities. ive been to resteraunts like the palm and have sat behind derek jeter, ive walked down park ave and saw sarah jessica parker with her baby, i met natalie portman at a temple believe it or not, when i worked at radioshack, dee snider from twisted sister (who lives not too far from where i was in long island NY) came in to upgrade his cellphone (i had his phone number but rest assure it was complete privacy and the only reason he came in is because he knows my manager who does the local haunted houses at sports plus in lake grove NY)

theres so many other people ive met like ted nugent (an avid shooter), r. lee ermy at many glock conventions, kareem adul jabar in atlantic city (he signed a basket ball for me) and the starting lineup for the NYJ back in 2006 at their training grounds at hofstra univerisity

i keep my cool very well but only ONE celebrity made me turn into a complete mush and that was james gandolfini from the sopranos. i went to atlantic city in ballys hotel where my aunt is a MAJOR highroller. she got invited to a hotel party in honor of the first season of the sopranos so the ENTIRE cast was there. we all got to take pictures and i sat on tony sopranos lap. i seriously just OMG'ed the whole time and was just wow'd.

speaking of "mobsters" i also go to the roosevelt field mall from time to time (maybe once a month if that) and the "gotti" sons shop there constantly. they get mauled by 10 year old little bimbo girls. i helped john i believe his name was? the oldest? get a crazy girl off of him. he offered to take me out to dinner but sadly declined. he was actually a sweet kid if you looked beyond the bad english, the stupid hair, and the preppy boy image.

so those are my celebrity encounters :yesnod:

Far out LC... I knew NYC was full of em but dayum!!! That's an impressive list, I guess having highrollers in the family helps out too...

Anyways, I've had some pretty bizarre encounters, I work in a supermarket and we get alot of random people coming through. I once was serving the leads guitarist of this local band Snowman, they're getting bigger now and have gotten interstate gigs, they also played at Rock-It, a large all ages music festival here. When they're famous I'll still have my signature of his :D

One awesome encounter was when I got to meet The Butterfly Effect (just for the record, I'm not referring to the movie, there's an Eastern States band by the same name, and no they didn't steal it, they existed long before the movie), I was waiting around outside the bar they played at and I saw them approaching and was like "Clint!!! Can I have a photo with you?!" and I managed to get a photo with them all :D I might post them when I find somewhere to upload em.

Probably the most insane encounter I had was when I got to meet the lead singer from Il Nino - Christian Machado. I went to their concert in Feb '06 where they played with Static-X, and after it was over we were hanging 'round the back of the bar, and my friend noticed a guy with waist-long dreads' who was chatting with some fans, and we were like "OMG!!!!" It was insane, we approached him (he's pretty tall, 6"2-6"3 or maybe a bit taller, about my height) and he was actually really nice, he asked if we enjoyed the show and all (which was one of the best shows of '06 for me) it was just insanity, meeting the guy we'd seen up on stage going beserk standing right infront of us talking to us!!

After we left, I was hanging around in the hotel lobby near by, and Tony Campos (Bassist) from Static-X was just heading out, unfortunately he was less chatty but I still got a handshake outta him :D

I suppose an "encounter" to a lesser extent would be that Tex Perkins once came through our work, I didn't get to see him close up though. I don't really know him or any of his music (apparently he works with Beasts of Bourbon, but I haven't listened to any of his music).

Apparently my dad's seen Shaun Connery at a distance while he was filming From Russia With Love, also I've got a friend who's met Iron Maiden (she says apparently they're all really nice guys, when she met them they had their grandkids with them while setting up on tour). She's also met John 5, the (ex)Marilyn Manson guitarist, and apparently he's a bit weird, she reckons the drug use shows lol.

We've got some wicked concerts coming up soon, namely Marilyn Manson and The Black Crusade (Trivium, Arch Enemy and Machine Head) Man... What wouldn't I give to meet Marilyn Manson, Angela Gossow, Robert Flynn, or Matt Heafy (or for that matter any of Trivium). It's gonna be interesting, I'm gonna have to do some chronic hotel stalking the night before their show! lol jks

I've met David Wright from the NY Mets at a shopping mall

Meh, based on that picture I've got to say that America's got talent pwns Britain's got talent.

George Bush came to my town? :shameful:

LevesqueIsKing said:
Meh, based on that picture I've got to say that America's got talent pwns Britain's got talent.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA[/MEDIA]

Actually.. I think not =] and that was only his first round.

Plus I've seen him sing this live.. woah he was bloody brilliant! His first live performance like ever since the show and it was in his home town =]

Maybe its just my computer? Theres just a little red box in the top left corner.

The video worked fine on my browser...

Anyways, I have met the guys from Simple Plan...Whoopie, Ted Nugent..through my dad, Ludacris..dickhead, Joan Jet...she was very rude, George Bush...just shook his hand and said hi, a few of the Globetrotters. I think theres a few more...I just can't remember. All of these encounters happened in my little hometown practically in the middle of the woods haha.

see me, i dont consider politians "celebrities"

ive met our police commissioner ray kelly, mayor bloomburg, guliani (NYC politians) and also president bush at the RNC (republican national convention)

The Loose Cannon: I'm not sure if you missed my pm or chose to ignore it. Either way I am dissapointed that you did not reply.

Back