Cell Phones

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
So, who has, or perhaps a better question is who doesn't have a cell phone here?

I for one have never owned a cell phone. I have an iPod, laptop (PowerBook G4), Xbox, and PS2, so I'm not a techno-phobic.:D I personally don't get all the different plans and I hate all the charges. Anyway, now I realize I really want a cell phone. All my friends and family (yes, my grandma has a cell phone and I don't) have one and I'm tired of being out of the loop.

Does anyone have suggestions on phones and/or plans that I should look into and what phones/plans does everyone have?

Right now, I'm looking to score a really geeky and somewhat weak phone: the Samsung n270, a.k.a. The Matrix Reloaded phone! There are some pics of it below. It has web browsing, text messaging, and voice recognition and that's all! No camera, no mp3 playback, etc.....but damn it's sexy!!:lol:

(click to enlarge)
pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

So, what do you guys have to say?

I has basic moblie phone
nokia 3100
not big on talk

I have a LG VX-6100 for about 2 years now. I has web-browsing, text messaging, voice recognition, a camera, pix messaging, and you could e-mail stuff to your computer, if you get verizon wireless it has get it now which is a service where you could download games and other types of programs for your cell phone. Its very durable too, i dropped it hundreds of times and it never broke. It has a bunch of scratches on it. Here are pictures:
lgVX6100.jpg

images

images

Verizon Wireless is my Carrier and I have the 450 minute plan (450 minutes every month, I don't even use all of it). After 2 years you start another plan and you get a free cell phone)

Last edited:
Alright, thanks Supermariomp3. I may check that one out. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the clam-shell style phone (I like sliders and candy-bar styles, but I don't know why) but it's probably cheap or free around where I live.

How much do you pay per month or per minute or whatever?

lol havent put credit on mine for mounths (pay as you go)

Supermariomp3 said:
39.99 per month for 450 minutes
:)
So you can only talk for like 7.5 hours a month? Or does it just run out after you've talked for 450min and then they start charging you per minute?

Ugh, I HATE cell phones because of these damn cell phone companies that make their plans so convoluted, you get ripped off.

Sorry, for that rant.:D

Can you explain your plan a little bit more to me?:confused:

Darkprinny said:
lol havent put credit on mine for mounths (pay as you go)
And Darkprinny, what do you pay? I was sort of looking into a Go Phone because my credit isn't the best. I don't talk that much, so would it be a good idea?

No I pay for cred to go on my card
£5 £10 £15 £20 £50

I don't know cuz I never used all the minutes, but since you only pay 39.99 a month for those 450 minutes i guess if you use more than 450 minutes its gona be more than 39.99. But no one really uses all the minutes. Plus its free to call on weekends and after 9:00 PM during the weekdays. Oh yeah text messaging and pix messaging is 25 cents a message but if you want UNLIMITED TEXT AND PIX MESSAGING its 5 more dollars to the monthly bill.
I guess that sums it up. Sorry for the long post.

Darkprinny said:
No I pay for cred to go on my card
£5 £10 £15 £20 £50
So, you only pay for the Go card and that's it? It has a limit right like 100min for £10, for example? Then, when that runs out, it charges you per minute doesn't it? I've also heard you get charged like £1 for every day you use your phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really having trouble with this cell phone stuff.:(

Supermariomp3 said:
I don't know cuz I never used all the minutes, but since you only pay 39.99 a month for those 450 minutes i guess if you use more than 450 minutes its gona be more than 39.99. But no one really uses all the minutes. Plus its free to call on weekends and after 9:00 PM during the weekdays. Oh yeah text messaging and pix messaging is 25 cents a message but if you want UNLIMITED TEXT AND PIX MESSAGING its 5 more dollars to the monthly bill.
I guess that sums it up. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks, Supermariomp3. But, how do you not talk for more than 450 minutes (which is 7.5 hours per month)? Or, do you get 450 new minutes every day? Then, I would understand. Also, do you get charged for incoming calls?

NateTheGreat said:
So, you only pay for the Go card and that's it? It has a limit right like 100min for £10, for example? Then, when that runs out, it charges you per minute doesn't it? I've also heard you get charged like £1 for every day you use your phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really having trouble with this cell phone stuff.:(
no it doesnt if it runs out the call ends

Darkprinny said:
no it doesnt if it runs out the call ends
Oh man, that's rough! But, I could always buy a couple at a time so that wouldn't happen.

So, is that the full cost; just the cost of the Go card and maybe the phone? I'm not intrested in sending text messages, videos, web surfing, just talking pretty much although I might take some pics if the phone had a camera.

Back