Cf & Sd

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
Can someone please define me the difference between a SD card and a CF card, looking at getting a sony Alpha (there new DSLR camera) with a 8GB CF card, dont know the difference but im guessing a CF is different and wont work with Wii.

I dont hav e a huge knowledge, but the SD card is more popular, possibly more faster and is used in most devices.

The Cf card uses Flash memory and isnt as popular, and isnt used in as many devices.

In my opinion, the SD card is the better one.

SD = Secure Digital Card
CF = Compact Flash Card

Hope i helped.

Yep the Compact Flash card won't work with your Wii. In fact, you won't even be able to put it into the Card Slot of the Wii.
You need to buy a SD Card for the Wii.

cheers guys, crap lol was hoping they were one in the same though i had my doubts,oh well

sd cards are so you can stop yourself deleting precios data
can you put the wii sd card in an camera or a camera sd card in a wii

You can get an adapter to allow an SD card to fit into a Compact Flash device. The Wii will support SD, Mini SD and Micro SD with the appropriate adapter.

Is your 8gb CF a microdrive? I suggest finding a solid state device because it will suck the batteries out of your camera.

wow they still make devices using CF?? i thought that was old technology.

nothing that i know of takes compact flash anymore :( however if you do get a camera for instance that takes one, CF cards are extremely cheap

The_Loose_Cannon: Plenty of devices still use compact flash. Major Retailers wouldn't carry them otherwise!

I know its not exactly new but even the Ipod Mini used a compact flash microdrive. I know because I hacked mine to use a solid state storage ;)

i never knew! wow thats really interesting actually :) thanks for the imput

Yeah CF cards are a bit outdated, in my opinion it's pretty silly nowadays to buy anything that only uses CF cards

The only thing I know that still uses it is HD mods and DS MP4 players. Only because size doesn't matter and price is the main issue.

I prefer SD and XD. It's not like CF is horrible or anything. Leave that to MemoryStick...

Back