Cf & Sd

CompactFlash lacks the mechanical write protection switch that some other devices have, as seen in a comparison of memory cards. CompactFlash does not have any built in DRM or cryptographic features like on some USB flash drives and other formats such as Secure Digital. Such features are rarely used on other cards, however, and are therefore mostly superfluous.

This is the difference. Hope i helped! :wink:

cheers, camera came with an adapter so i can use my Pro Duo (ie a Pro Duo CF adapter) does anyone know where i can get a SD CF adapter, ie a CF adapter that i can put a SD into so i can use it in my camera and in my wii? also there is an above comment that says Wii will only take up to 2Gig, is this true? cause i kinda wanted the biggest lol :p

Yes you can only use up to a 2 GB SD card. I am not sure about CF adapter to SD or MS to SD adapters. All I know that will work is SD, Micro SD and Mini SD.

Major Tom said:
The max media dock for the Ds/Ds lite uses CF. Along with my camera. I'm thinking about getting an adapter.

why even both besides the fact that I can't even find one. I found SD to CF but not CF to SD. CF are larger than a SD so I don't see how it will work. Why are you against spending $10-$20 on a SD card?

I got a 2 gb SD from curcuit city for 15dollars. It's a sandisk too.

Just look in flyers and whatever. You'll find a good deal sooner or later.

Brawny said:
Any CF to SD adapter (if it exists) would be wierd. CF is like 3 times bigger than SD.
sorry but your point is? i have a CF to duo adapter and the duo is even smaller than a SD and its not wierd,i think you misunderstood,the SD plugs into the CF, not the other way round

Yeah, If you want a CF card to go to the wii. It will be a CF>SD. In size CF>SD.

Therefore, the actual CF card would be all sticking out and you wouldn't be able to close the door. That's why I said, it would be weird.

Almo said:
sorry but your point is? i have a CF to duo adapter and the duo is even smaller than a SD and its not wierd,i think you misunderstood,the SD plugs into the CF, not the other way round

Regardless of what you want to do the price you pay for the adapter is probably going to be the same as a price for a SD card. So just get an SD card and make things simple.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
why even both besides the fact that I can't even find one. I found SD to CF but not CF to SD. CF are larger than a SD so I don't see how it will work. Why are you against spending $10-$20 on a SD card?
I have SD Cards but its so annoying having to mkve my pictures to different storage medias.... I meant im gonna get a sd to CF adapter so I can take picture/ listen to songs/etc & use it on my Wii.

Brawny said:
Yeah, If you want a CF card to go to the wii. It will be a CF>SD. In size CF>SD.

Therefore, the actual CF card would be all sticking out and you wouldn't be able to close the door. That's why I said, it would be weird.
lol no see my camera takes a CF, i want a cf to sd adapter so i can use the SD in my camera and then take the sd out of the CF and put it in my wii so i can view the photos on the tv as my camera didnt come with a V-connection. Otherwise im gonna have to transfer the pictures to my PC then transfer them to the SD,its a waste of time lol

That will work, however the current maximum safe size for SD cards are 2gb

small_sd2cf_card.jpg

Back