Chance Of A Surprise Headset?

Warrior said:
Battalion Wars 2 comes out in America in just two weeks. With no headset in sight.

BWii2 is a RTS game. its IMPOSSIBLE to play an RTS co-op without communication. Not to mention the other games coming out that CRAVE headsets.

id say around 90% of Wii owners would like a Headset. roughly 40% of us are extremely pissed we havent already got one. And are angry at the big N. Im one of those people.

Nintendo. This Message Cant Be Any Clearer. We NEED Headsets. And we need them ASAP.

BWii2 will come down a big big level without voice chat. Nintendo need to realise that.

You think theres a chance Nintendo wil release one before/with Bwii2? I mean IGN even made an appeal for a headset for us, theres been loads of talk about it on forums and Ninty couldt have missed al the emails from customers. Its possible. I really hope it happens.

Thoughts?
impossible, 90% of wii owners dont even use online.
im sure the headset will be announced though....
if you think about it, they want safety and what not. so likely with a headset youd only be able to talk to friends only, but with the nintendo forums it would be easy to make friends youve never met before--so they closed them. without nintendos forums open theyll be able to say that the kids arent meeting strangers on the wii, and if they are, they did they met them someone on the internet unrelated to nintendo. oO

shrimpy20 said:
I doubt we will ever get them due to Nintendo's health & safety policy.. =/

You don't think sakurai wants it for brawl? Come on now. You heard it from me first.

I wouldnt go as far as call BwII an RTS.

Its going to be a lot more hectic and focused on shooting. I dont think it will have any RTS elements ( except for building and capturing factories )( not calling it a FPS game ) I'd just call it an action game or something lol.

I do agree that headset support would be really cool. If you want to play with a friend theres always the option of gettin teamspeak or msn call with a headset ( mic )

Firstly, Bwii2 was described by Nintendo as a cross betwen an RTS and a third person shooter.

@cyber no RTS features? hmm yeah, comanding lots of troops, air craft and boats to carry out tactical assualts. Then capture and build new things to outsmart your enemy via stratergy? yeah, doesnt sound like an RTS to me either.

And no...its not be an FPS...since is isnt first person :S it will be based on some TPS features (third person shooter) since its in third person you'know?

But regardless of genre, all online games should have headsets. Just like the 360. Why? becuase without good communication, its just like playing a computer.

Id like to be able to say "good game" or "nice shot", "well done" or maybe even "scout down that alley and ill push some tanks up this way" and "see anything yet? Dont let em see ya, just go far enough so we know how much time we got"

You see? It would make this game 10X better.

Nookslave said:
So there's more to online than feeling like your playing against just another CPU with complex AI.

Next time, try to read the whole post. Not trying to be mean.

Targeting me personally there?

Nice...

I read the whole, as people tend to do, I know what I am talking about here. Genre matters, believe it or not.

Would be nice if they surprised us by giving us one when we buy BWII, but I doubt they will.

Cpt.McCloud said:
The genre is still RTS, thats what the game is, you command a squad, you battle etc.

Not, hold a gun, shoot, shoot, shoot some more etc.

Im pretty sure brothers in arms is classified as a first person shooter. You sure as hell command squads there ;)

An rts involves ( almost all of the time ) top down view, basebuilding, unit construction, resource management. Yes advance wars is a turn based strategy game. But battalion wars is really not an rts. Its has RTS elements. Just watch the movies. You see the main character fight more than hes busy building or controlling his squad members. You cant build something here. All the structures are already on the map. You can just capture them. You can only build new units. ( this makes for a lot more RTS things :D )

What I mean with true RTS elements is: Build a base, manage resources, send troops to a location. Now it seems they just follow you and you say what they need to attack. Thats more like brothers in arms than command and conquer. From what I've seen ( never played part 1 ) bwII will not lend itself for the move you just said:
"scout down that alley and ill push some tanks up this way" and "see anything yet? Dont let em see ya, just go far enough so we know how much time we got"
It just seems its more focused on the action part. I do hope thats its going to be like you guys say. With strategic moves involved. That will be freakin awesome!!!

And yea its not an fps. Thats what I said in my post ( Not calling it a fps either )

And I also agree that it will make the game a lot better. Im just trying to say that all is not lost when theres no headset.

I still cant wait for this game. Im going to love it.

Last edited:
cyberzomby said:
Im pretty sure brothers in arms is classified as a first person shooter. You sure as hell command squads there ;)

An rts involves ( almost all of the time ) top down view, basebuilding, unit construction, resource management. Yes advance wars is a turn based strategy game. But battalion wars is really not an rts. Its has RTS elements. Just watch the movies. You see the main character fight more than hes busy building or controlling his squad members. You cant build something here. All the structures are already on the map. You can just capture them. You can only build new units. ( this makes for a lot more RTS things :D )

What I mean with true RTS elements is: Build a base, manage resources, send troops to a location. Now it seems they just follow you and you say what they need to attack. Thats more like brothers in arms than command and conquer. From what I've seen ( never played part 1 ) bwII will not lend itself for the move you just said:
It just seems its more focused on the action part. I do hope thats its going to be like you guys say. With strategic moves involved. That will be freakin awesome!!!

And yea its not an fps. Thats what I said in my post ( Not calling it a fps either )

And I also agree that it will make the game a lot better. Im just trying to say that all is not lost when theres no headset.

I still cant wait for this game. Im going to love it.

I fully under stand you but with RTS you are not as involved with squad combat as your are with your brothers in arms example, same with star wars battlefront, you can issue commands, still an FPS.

I am just saying that with BWII it is basically an RTS structure, it may have other elements but the core is RTS.

not gonna happen anytime soon,

its way to early to be demanding this from a console that is so young and a corporation who is still growing in the online gamin g buissness

heck no we wont get it for batalion wars 2 because its to late to annouce such a big accsesery, look, if the wii zapper was announed quiet a while before release, im sure the headset option would be the same

Cpt.McCloud said:
I fully under stand you but with RTS you are not as involved with squad combat as your are with your brothers in arms example, same with star wars battlefront, you can issue commands, still an FPS.

I am just saying that with BWII it is basically an RTS structure, it may have other elements but the core is RTS.

Thanks for not going flaming my ass ;) +1 rep for you :)

Nice discussion but it seems neither of us will back down. I understand how you think about it and I certainly agree that bwII will have more RTS elements in it than bw1.

cyberzomby said:
Thanks for not going flaming my ass ;) +1 rep for you :)

Nice discussion but it seems neither of us will back down. I understand how you think about it and I certainly agree that bwII will have more RTS elements in it than bw1.

Im not ignorent enough to flame over disagreeing with me:yesnod:

But my overall point was basically was that Genre matters, I mean you wouldnt release a steering wheel for an RTS or a FPS.

This game would benefit from a headset yes, because overall it is basically a rts at heart, however it does have some more elements other then just a through and through RTS.

Fire Flower said:
If they do make one they better make it a cool one like the wireless XBOX one.

The Xbox live headset that plugs into your xbox controller (except with a pass through so you can still plug in your nunchuck) would actually be better. No extra battery to charge, super cheap. But they could release a firmware update tomorrow that would enable the DS headset to work on the console. If they gave a crap.

No, I don't think Nintendo is going to surprise us. If they do, and they do at the expense of 3rd party games like MOHH2 getting headset support, it's just going to piss me off that much more. This should have been taken care of months ago. If some ps360 fanboy had said Nintendo would be on the verge of two games like BWii and Heroes 2 without a headset six months ago, I would have denounced them as idiots. Yet here we are.

They're rolling in money. Why should they care if we get the best possible gaming experience or not?

Wiinter said:
But they could release a firmware update tomorrow that would enable the DS headset to work on the console. If they gave a crap.

The DS headset has a weird connector that only fits on the DS. However they could enable any bluetooth headset, like the PS3.

Back