Chance to get a Wii... Should I?

semi

WiiChat Member
Mar 26, 2007
Canada
Okay I just got the chance to get a Wii today...and I was wondering if I should get it. So, I read a bit everywhere of what the Wii is offering... But found a lot of "nothing"...

So i searched for a forum where I could ask the PROS of the console... You guys are playing with the Wii... so tell me, why should I get it.

Tell me EVERYTHING i need to know, the upcoming games, the advantages of the consoles, the features... ETC, I NEED TO KNOW :)

I didn't ask if I should let someone else get it... My friend is offering it to me, and I'm wondering if I should get it...

So... answer my question or post somewhere else. Thanks!

DUH!!! GET IT!!! If you miss out on the most exquisite, awesome console out there, you will end up as a poor Mexican hobo on the side of the street named Richard.

Speeder768 said:
DUH!!! GET IT!!! If you miss out on the most exquisite, awesome console out there, you will end up as a poor Mexican hobo on the side of the street named Richard.

actually, i think it'd be Ricardo.

anyways:

PROS:
wiimote and nunchuck, best controller ever? quite possibly
awesome first party support: super mario galaxy, legend of zelda twilight princess, super smash bros brawl, etc
third party support gathering interest: see EA's godfather: blackhand edition
virtual console: download the classic from nintendo's previous generations

CONS:
graphics can only go as high as 480p as of right now
as of right now, most games considered "kiddy" although this term is usually only used by competitiors, the only true violence games are red steel and godfather
accessories can make cost of original system go up to level of 360

i highly recommend you get it anyway. the gameplay is simply awesome, and we aren't even looking at the entire tip of the tip of the iceberg. grab one if you can.

Get it its loads of fun! There are some good games that are coming out ( lots if you like mario games.)

I would say it's a completly unique gaming experiance. I won't like hands down the 360 and PS3 will have better graphics but the motion controls and more free roaming wiimote/numchuck combo has completly reopened my eyes in console gaming. There are assured to be plenty of hardcore nintendo slated games, Metroid Prime Hunters, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, and third party companies are jumping on the wagon left and right.

It seemed at first as if not many of the 3rd parties would support the Wii and they had good reason to be wary after the flop of the gamecube but they are catching on now. It was a time for an overhaul in console gaming. In my opinion a lot of the games that the XBOX360 and PS3 will have with awesome graphics, (a lot of FPS MMORPG stuff) are all much more enjoyable on a computer and the controls are much more free.

I'd say if you want something completly new, experimental, and fun/addicting get the Wii. If you are content with the current console gaming state, then save up a bit and get a 360, just my opinion but definitly get the one you'll enjoy more.

Cool. Thanks for your opinions, it's appreciated, please continue to post them, I want to hear all the things you have to say about this console. I must admit I tried it a bit and I have to say it's quite amazing!

But I also like to know, the controls... are they "hard" to get used to? Because I must admit I sucked a lot playing Redsteel and SSX Blur... lol!

semi said:
Cool. Thanks for your opinions, it's appreciated, please continue to post them, I want to hear all the things you have to say about this console. I must admit I tried it a bit and I have to say it's quite amazing!

But I also like to know, the controls... are they "hard" to get used to? Because I must admit I sucked a lot playing Redsteel and SSX Blur... lol!

it just takes a little bit of time, especially redsteel. once you play it a little bit, you get used to it. just like i did with nfs carbon. i used to think it was bad, but now it gets an ok.

semi said:

Definitly with Red Steel its tough. My roommate and I have finally gotten used to it and it just makes us drool for a Wii FPS game with flawless controls. Once you are used to Red Steel it's pretty freakin' sweet but there's always room for improvement. One thing I failed to mention above Wii is foremost a multiplayer system. It really is the ultimate party system, it's the new gameplay style and the fun aspect but it's a great system to buy a few games for and play while hanging out with friends. And once the VC gets more up and running it will be a great nostalgic tool as well. :thumbsup:

Wii is getting some amazing exclusives look up Wii Resource Center

drroett said:
Definitly with Red Steel its tough. My roommate and I have finally gotten used to it and it just makes us drool for a Wii FPS game with flawless controls. Once you are used to Red Steel it's pretty freakin' sweet but there's always room for improvement. One thing I failed to mention above Wii is foremost a multiplayer system. It really is the ultimate party system, it's the new gameplay style and the fun aspect but it's a great system to buy a few games for and play while hanging out with friends. And once the VC gets more up and running it will be a great nostalgic tool as well. :thumbsup:

Cool, cause I'd like to get it to be able to play a lil' bit with my girlfriend. We're moving together at the end of the summer so... She know I play a lot, and she loves to play with my N64 sometimes... That's why I'm wondering to get it from my friend since he's offering me!

Multiplayer is definetly a key aspect so if you don't have friends... well don't get this

semi said:
Okay I just got the chance to get a Wii today...and I was wondering if I should get it. So, I read a bit everywhere of what the Wii is offering... But found a lot of "nothing"...

So i searched for a forum where I could ask the PROS of the console... You guys are playing with the Wii... so tell me, why should I get it.

Tell me EVERYTHING i need to know, the upcoming games, the advantages of the consoles, the features... ETC, I NEED TO KNOW :)

Pros: Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl

*ends thread* :thumbsup:

WoW! These are all good comments... I'm almost sure I'll get it pretty soon. My buddy would sell me:

- The Console
- 2 Nunchucks
- Wii Play (+extra controller)
- Madden NFL 07

So, it's a pretty good deal :p

I was wondering...what are the upcoming features for the Wii... like the most awaited ones!

Back