world_b_20.gif - Sonic the Hedgehog Logo
world_b_20.gif

world_b_21.gif - Nintendo DS Logo
world_b_21.gif

world_b_22.gif - Pikmin Logo
world_b_22.gif

world_b_23.gif through world_b_30.gif - UNAVAILABLE

DISCUSSION:
Looking at logos 2 through 11, you'll notice that all the logos represented characters that were introduced in the first installment of Smash Bros (Logo 1 is the Smash Bros. Logo).

Logos 12 and 14 represent characters that were introduced in Melee (Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers). These characters were Marth, Roy, and Ice Climbers.

Looking further down the list, logos 15 and above represent characters and franchises that are making their debut appearance in Brawl.

To recap:
1 - 11: Original
12 - 14: Melee
15 - ?: Brawl

Is it coincidence that they appear in this order? Since logo 13 has not been revealed, can we safely assume that anyone who occupies that spot comes from Melee? If that's the case, let's look back at the Melee roster.

350px-MeleeCharacters.jpg

Based on this information, the only character in the roster that has a unique logo is Mr. Game & Watch. Even though Ness and Cpt. Falcon have not been announced, their logos already appear on the website (Logos 7 and 5, respectively). Does that mean we can expect Game & Watch to appear in Brawl?

Warning! New Logo Approaching!

The Smash Bros. Dojo has revealed a new logo to coincide with Olimar and the Pikmin franchise.

world_b_22.gif

Surprisingly, instead of occupying slot 19, the Pikmin franchise settles in at slot 22. As some of you have mentioned, this goes against the "alphabetical" theory, as you would expect Pikmin to fit comfortable between Myth of Light (Kid Icarus) and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Last edited:
Wow I never thought to pay attention to such a little detail.

Yeah, I'm hoping they all return...although I always thought Dr. Mario's logo shoulda been a pill =P

I like this idea. It seems like everything fits, but were there any stages in melee with no characters to match? besides like final destination and battlefield?

Hey thanks for all the nice comments! I'm glad that people are finding this as interesting as I did..

(But I've got to say.. I'm a little surprised I haven't received a single rep for this..)

naisatoh said:
(But I've got to say.. I'm a little surprised I haven't received a single rep for this..)

....and as the man asks for rep, the respect from his peirs fades away into the abyss...

nic7 said:
....and as the man asks for rep, the respect from his peirs fades away into the abyss...

I'm sorry I've lost your respect..

I registered at this forum because I really thought it was a great medium to discuss an interest that everyone had in common. Moreover, with Smash Bros. as one of my most anticipated games this year, and with the Smash Bros. Site being one of the most popular threads on this forum (and having been deleted twice), I thought bringing this information here would be of interest.

I have a lot of respect for my peers, and have done my best to hand out reps to those who have taken the time to contribute something worthwhile to the forum. It gets so boring seeing members post over and over who their favorite characters are. But when someone comes up with something insightful, you do what you can recognize them for their time and efforts.

This thread has taught me that no matter how much time someone puts into their interests, there are always people who really don't care. And to be frank, nic7, I'm not angry that I've lost your respect, just a little disappointed.

I've tried to contribute whatever I can to this forum.. from volunteering my thoughts and opinions to creating contests to get the members here a little bit more involved. But it's clear to me now that I may just be wasting my time.

Last edited:
Back