Chatting in games on wii? The wiimote says yes

gamer_of_life

Banned
May 9, 2007
OK so we all know the raving 14 year olds complaining about PS3 and wii's online and no voice chat. However i have come accross something AMAZING on CNN. Click the link and click then wiimote. Click on the right at the very bottom black chip(all clicking points are highlighted in a red outline.) See and be amazed! There could very well be voice interaction in games, and even voice chat online! :eek: :O :eek:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/storysupplement/wiiremote/index.htm

maydawg said:
i read somewhere that madden 08 is going to have some sort of text chat for online play...

Yup, and it won't have FC. I can kinda see that... Hard to text someone when your being blitzed by a 200 pound football player. :p Still i like that EA is going to be the first third party to use online play. :)

this shouldn't be a surprise should it seeing as how game (rayman) use voice activation through the wiimote :? or is this totally different? idk =( :sick:

If you really think that that little chip is used for voice chat in online games than your out of your mind. Maybe I misunderstood, because this doesnt make any sense to me. First of all, youd either have to hold the remote up to your mouth or scream for them to hear you, and second of all, if you look at the price it says $2.00. Do you really think your ganna understand what your opponent is saying with a $2.00 reciever?

Talking can be a form of interaction in a game, just like wario ware touched for DS.

^Or like MP6-7?

Seems pretty pointless to me...I thought I was ganna get some info about a wireless usb headset :prrr:

Ka-pwnage! Now we may be able to taunt people as we send them flying off stage in SSBB. Voice interaction w/ games would also be cool. Nice find! *REPPED*

I'm not sure on this but I think the '2$' price tag might be what nintendo pays. It's like how cell phones are 200$ but realistically it costs them a LOT less than that to make them.

But I doubt as well that this will be used for online chat. Maybe some other voice function though.

LevesqueIsKing said:
If you really think that that little chip is used for voice chat in online games than your out of your mind. Maybe I misunderstood, because this doesnt make any sense to me. First of all, youd either have to hold the remote up to your mouth or scream for them to hear you, and second of all, if you look at the price it says $2.00. Do you really think your ganna understand what your opponent is saying with a $2.00 reciever?

The chip is not a receiver... it converts analog data into digital data, and this chip happens to be similar to or the same as other chips used to for voice recording.

Back