Chatting in games on wii? The wiimote says yes

Ah good find. I wonder if it will be used to speak into the Wii remote or if there will be an add on to speak into.

Happy said:
Ah good find. I wonder if it will be used to speak into the Wii remote or if there will be an add on to speak into.

Boogie will have kariokie in it so i dunno.

Most of you have it backwards. CNN got it wrong
Here is web page on a part in the same family as the U7849 pictured on the article. Its what allows the WiiMote to make noises during games, not to encode audio
http://www.rohm.com/news/061107.html

Its connected to a 1/2 watt amp on the back
http://www.rohm.com/products/databook/digicamera/pdf/bh7824fvm-e.pdf

Edit: Fixed the part numbers
4c0ycyu.gif

Last edited:
this easily means there could be a wiircophone but the problem is motion sensing is a analogue signal mean the purpose of the chip is to turn motion waves in to a digital signal
whoops didnt see the other a to d converter

in touch with the wii said:
this easily means there could be a wiircophone but the problem is motion sensing is a analogue signal mean the purpose of the chip is to turn motion waves in to a digital signal
whoops didnt see the other a to d converter

Even a small thing like voice acting in nintendogs or something would be great. Man wii really is the revoltuion.

---Brian--- said:
You can talk online with the Ps3? im 100% sure you can. Works with most bluetooth headsets

Yeah except the PS3 has no games to talk with. :|

I feel like ya'll are getting your hopes up. Not to be a downer, but online kind of let me down with striker's requiring friend codes and no lobby. I haven't played it yet so I might be wrong but I'm not impressed. Been playing wc3 DotA and loving it.

Don't get me wrong I love nintendo, but microsoft was smart in that they took all the good features of computer gaming and put them into an easy to use console. Nintendo is still far behind with online. I don't see it catching up frankly. I was loving the wii, but I'm kind of so so at the moment.

And no, I don't own an xbox.

Skorp said:
I feel like ya'll are getting your hopes up. Not to be a downer, but online kind of let me down with striker's requiring friend codes and no lobby. I haven't played it yet so I might be wrong but I'm not impressed. Been playing wc3 DotA and loving it.

Don't get me wrong I love nintendo, but microsoft was smart in that they took all the good features of computer gaming and put them into an easy to use console. Nintendo is still far behind with online. I don't see it catching up frankly. I was loving the wii, but I'm kind of so so at the moment.

And no, I don't own an xbox.

Strikers has a ranked mode if you don't have any friends you can always try to get on top?

wiles1 said:
Haha Thanks For That Does Anybody Know If There Will Be Any Clan Matches On The wii Please Answer Me !

umm clans? This isnt guild wars or WoW.

Back