"Cheap Characters" specifically Mr. Game & Watch

CrowTRobot

Blades Of Steel
Jan 3, 2007
Are there characters in Brawl that you would consider "cheap"?

I ask this because I'm relatively new to Smash Bros, and I play as Mr. Game & Watch. I can pretty much dominate with him, but my friends call him a cheap character.

I'm not bragging by saying I'm awesome or anything. I feel like since I'm so new at the game and I'm able to win 9 times out of 10 with Game & Watch, he must be a "cheap character."

What do you guys think?

i dont belive there is such thing as a cheap character, because every character has pros and cons, so they cant be considered cheap, but there are haracters whho are better agaisnst other characters

cheap to me is when youre spamming projectiles the whole game. samus/zelda to name 2. watching kids do b and b+forward the whole game and b+up to run away gets really old really fast. simply being called cheap because your winning? id have to see how you play but game and watch just doesnt strike me as a cheap char.

Game and Watch cheap? But he's a rubbish character! The only thing in the game I find to be really cheap is people spamming Pit's side-B move.

I officially now hate pikachu's down-b...but even though it is spamming when constantly used, I think Nintendo would have done something to limit it's power if they didn't want you to use it constantly. I don't like that people spam moves, but I also think that their is really nothing wrong with it. It may be annoying, but it's part of the game. And untill they learn that a well-balanced character that uses all his/her moves to their advantage is going to be the real victor, then they will keep spamming their moves as they see fit. Bottom-line, it's not cheating, people need to get over thius because it's not going to change, and lastly...find away around it...there's allways a way.

they were never worried about cheap players. all they wanted to do was fix melee "glitches" and add junk. if they wanted a quick fix for cheap players they could of simply given some moves a cool down instead of having chars launch a rocket every second.

there are no cheap characters... there are sorta cheap tactics with every character. if you camp excessively that would be cheap. game and watch isn't cheap. he simply has very high priority which is why you probably find your running attack consistantly over riding theirs. his moves are fast and fairly strong and they for the most part have disjointed hit boxes. his weaknesses are his recovery and he's easily ko'd... as a 2d character is understandably light lol oh and watch for shield grabbers with your G&W. hope this helps

I use all of his moves...so I'm not just constantly flipping sausages at people (I think you can get arrested for that).

Thanks for the feedback. Great username and avatar by the way. I'm a big Calvin and Hobbes fan.

why would it considered to be cheap. i sometimes spam pit's side+b. metaknights a and snakes granedes. this is part of the game. they prolly suck compared to u.

and btw, g&w is far from cheap. he is kinda opposite of cheap

the only thing i love about game and watch are flipping bacon and sausages :)!!!!

agreed with vashi, there is NO chep move, spam is part of the game, its a certain type of strategy that workds and plays with your oponents head, its part of the game, wich = NOT cheap

anoying yes

haha i'm a big fan to. plus my name's calvin so its a bonus haha thanks for the compliment. and spamming bacon... or in brawl... drumsticks and random other pan fried items... sucks lol so there's nothing to spam or 'be cheap with' with G&W anyways lol

to vash:
i'd think you'd spam pit's arrows more than his side b. and the grenades are awesome lol i like catching them and throwing them back... feels like xiao xiao haha

the best thing to do with snake is to plant the c4 mines when none of your friends are looking, and catch them ofgaurd

spiff-ssbb said:
haha i'm a big fan to. plus my name's calvin so its a bonus haha thanks for the compliment. and spamming bacon... or in brawl... drumsticks and random other pan fried items... sucks lol so there's nothing to spam or 'be cheap with' with G&W anyways lol

to vash:
i'd think you'd spam pit's arrows more than his side b. and the grenades are awesome lol i like catching them and throwing them back... feels like xiao xiao haha

au contraire, i rarely use the arrows. they feel cheap.:lol: :lol: :lol:

i corner them on a side and use the sword spinning move. it does less damage but its hard to escape. yes the graneds are very fun. just camp at one side and keep throwing.:lol: :lol:

^ haha ya just dont tell your friends that if you DI away you'll escape taking like two damage lol everyone DI's into it trying not to fall off the stage and just forces themselves back into the sword over and over again lol

spiff-ssbb said:
^ haha ya just dont tell your friends that if you DI away you'll escape taking like two damage lol everyone DI's into it trying not to fall off the stage and just forces themselves back into the sword over and over again lol

also i dont know if u know this but if u knock someone off stage and they go far but not enough to be KOd, u drop from the ledge and just hang in htere. only one person can hang from a ledge so the opponent woudnt be able to grab the ledge and fall into oblivion.

Back