Cheapest place to buy top ps3 model UK!

Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
hi everybody!

My name is kam and i'm a wiiholic, but our family is looking to get a new tv package, the tv, dvd player, and the stand!
But i convinced my mom to get a ps3 instead of the dvd player by explaining that it is the cheapest blu ray player out there, and that it's the next gen stuff!
It's going to be used as a sort of media centre cus, we'll be buying lots of movies for it, and they'll want to stream music videos and stuff from the pc too.

Anyway, can someone help me, i want the 60gb on cus it plays ps2 games, bigger hdd, multi card reader, but unless you can convince me that I'm better off buying a 40gb then please say so ill consider it, thx!

I'm from the UK, so i would like a uk supplier, i don't wanna have to change the plug's and stuff and then screw it up!

My Budget is £350

Thx, any help please!

Ok im I cant where you can get it from but i can tell you that it may be hard to find.In canada you cant not find them because sony stoped making them.But if you cant find them you can get the 80gb wich has limited nackwards compatibility but has a bigger hdd.the 40gb you can NOT play ps2 games AT ALL.But if you can find one get the 60gb because it has almost full bc.
So good luck and I hope you enjoy it when you get it:aureola:

as it stands the 60gb model has the most backwards compatibility and the 80has SOME. just the other day a father and his kids came into gamestop while i was in there. He had come from target where he purchased a 40 dollar PS2 game to trade it in for ten because it wouldnt play on his PS3, so he ended up paying extra for the PS3 version, lego star wars.

anyways, good choice going with the blu-ray player, it's amazing. u have to see it for yourself. 40gb model is what i own and not once was i upset i couldnt play PS2 games, even though ive owned a ps2 for 2 or 3 years prior to my wii/360/ps3. i see no reason to buy a next gen console for last gen games, but thats just me.

if you can find a 60gb model, thats the best choice, but 40 isnt bad either. good luck.

oh btw, im sure u know this but the 80gb can do more stuff than the 40gb can, it has something to do with more USB ports and a card reader and what not, but i know it cant recognize my mp3 player among other things. maybe you are better off with the 80gb model because it sounds like your family wants to use it for everything but gaming. lol

thank you both for the info!
yeah, my mom would never dream of buying a £300 console, but i told her its a wicked blu ray player and stuff, and she bought!
I was wondering, i was going to go for a ps3 i saw for £279, it was the 40gb model, i'm just afraid thier might be some loss in performance and blu ray quality, is it true?
I mean, if the blu ray quality has remained unchanged, aswell as game quality (if we end up buying a game for it) has'nt been sacrificed i'm cool. Thats the real reason i don't want the 40gb model, cus i don't care about backwards compatability either, just 2 things, True hd blu ray player and true hd gaming whatever.

Thx!

Last edited:
HEY YOU LOT THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO MY QUERIES!

I GOT A PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up getting the 40 gig model, i just sorted the interent on it, and my sisters are going crazy about making prfiles on it, and asking me stupid questions like, does it have a mii channel too?

With the ps3 we bought a new 1080p tv and a about 40 odd quid hdmi cable, and i got a ps3 remote (because that was my selling point to my parents i said it's a wicked blu ray player), to give a nice dvd/blu ray feel to it, i seriously could'nt picture my mom always using teh control pad as a remote control.

Well i'm gonna start posting in the ps3 section now too!!

LOL I FEEL LIKE 10 AGAIN!

thanks again you lot!

about the games, i'm gonna be patient, for resident evil 5 and gt 5 too, l8r everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back