chewed sensor wire help ????

marcie6

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2008
Help ! my kitten has chewed through the wire from the sensor !!! do I have to replace the whole thing or can it be repaired ??? can't get through to wii customer service. Have seen a wireless sensor advertised are they a good idea ? appreciate any ideas Thanks !! M:O

replacement sensor bars are pretty inexpensive.

you could also put a couple candles in front of the tv, and it will work.

Thanks !!

Thanks for the advice :) am curious about the candle though ??? think I am not understanding the principle behind the sensor in the 1st place ??

the remote senses light bulbs: including christmas bulbs and candles.

the remote senses the bar's IR bulbs and transmits those senses to the Wii via bluetooth for pointing the cursor.

the sensor bar emits with IR bulbs instead of bright white lights so the light is invisible to us.

imagine if you used christmas lights or candles and had to have those bright lights shining in your pupils as you're trying to focus on your TV.

make sense? :yesnod:

Hmmm ... will have to think about it for a while as not too bright about all this myself ..... thanks for the explanation though !!!! :blush2:

you don't want to be in the middle of a game and wonder if poor performance is due to weak batteries... the rob batts from remote controls or it's too late in the evening to run out a buy a set of batts. wired sensor bar costs less and gives less stress if it's cat-proofed.

I have a wireless one for when i travel... i didn't want to risk breaking that tiny cable.

I got it off ebay for $5 after shipping, 2-3 week wait from hong kong.

Wow, that cat would be dead if it did that to me. Or my sister would be owing me 20. :)

It should only be a pos. and neg. lead. Rewiring it should be quite easy.

lol same thig happend to me about 2 weeks ago exept that a vacum cleanner
sucked it up but I got a wirless senser bar and it rocks you can move it anywere

kittens are a ***** arent they? mine chews through anything it can reach.

anyways the wireless sensor bar is a great idea. but untill you can get out to buy one use 2 candles as a sensor. it wont work as good but itll do for now so you can at least play some games.

Back