Children of Mana

Budo

Raging Clue
Sep 19, 2007
Canadia
Anyone looking for an action-RPG, should pick this game up.

The thing I like most so far (I'm about 5h in), is that the fighting happens in realtime. Turn based is still fun, but this is definitely more 'actiony.' There are also a bunch of side-quests to do from what I've seen, and there are some other neat features (Gem Frame, Spirits). The game isn't party based, but instead you pick a character at the beginning of the game and play that one. This is a plus for me, as I find I get more into the game when I'm just playing a single character, as opposed to commanding a group. The dungeon crawling is a lot like the Zelda games (except more hack-and-slash), and they also contain some basic puzzles. There's even a multiplayer option, that will let you go dungeon crawling with friends.

So, even though I've only done one main quests and a few side-quests, I highly recommend this game if you're looking for an action-RPG game.

P.S. The FMV sequences are very well done too (anime style)

Yes, I can say this game is good, also.

Though it gets hard at times for me!

I've played for over 10 hours.

Though the weapon selection is dissapointing for me.
I was really hoping that this would be good as or better than Secret of Mana.

Still a good game, overall.

Mm-hm. Yeah. Ok---whoa! Multi-player dungeon crawling!? I haven't done that with a Mana game since... Legend of Mana! *v* Children of Maaanaaa! <333

Thanks for that. Otherwise I wouldn't have known.
Aren't my researching skillz AWEsome!? ^^; (No.)

Minako said:
Mm-hm. Yeah. Ok---whoa! Multi-player dungeon crawling!? I haven't done that with a Mana game since... Legend of Mana! *v* Children of Maaanaaa! <333

Thanks for that. Otherwise I wouldn't have known.
Aren't my researching skillz AWEsome!? ^^; (No.)

Lol :wink:

I didn't know it had it when I bought it either.

I've played through it some more, and can tell you it's definitely a very good game. The gemframe gets bigger to allow more gems/gem combos to be used. I've found some pretty cool gems so far. For example, one gem that I've found adds an 'attack wave' that shoots out of my sword on my 3rd swing of the swords 3 hit combo attack. I've also learned a bit more on the sidequests that you can do for extra money and/or items - everytime you complete a sidequest, another will takes it's place (wikipedia as source). So I'm guessing this makes the number of sidequests available, almost unlimited :crazy:.

If anyone has this game and wants to try the multiplayer part, I'm currently level 14... I think:lol: .

EDIT: Uhh, isn't there a 'normal' wink-smiling-dude for this forum? You know, one that isn't kissing... lol.

I don't want people to get the impression I'm some sort of forum hussy - I never kiss on the first reply <- hilarious pun :D :D :D

Last edited:
A note on the mulitplayer, it's only multi-card.

Not online, silly.

Reckon I'd point that out before someone goes and buys the game for that soul-purpose.

Yea, I guess I should have just copied that section of the Wiki article - I should have said LOCAL Wi-fi.

This is from the Wiki article:

Multi-player

Children of Mana features a cooperative multiplayer mode that can support up to 4 players at once. The game only uses local wireless, and does not support Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection online services. The multiplayer mode does not allow the players to save their progress in the game while playing in it, although experience and items received can be saved later after leaving the multiplayer party. The player hosting the session is able to keep the progress data after multiplayer is finished and can continue the story onwards; however, the other players will find themselves back where they started in their own games, with only the additional stats and items gained while playing multiplayer. Items directly related to the story, such as weapons like the flail and hammer, cannot be obtained by anyone but the host. There are, however, a few items that can only be obtained as bonuses by playing through stages using this mode.

Back