Chinese watch live goats being fed to lions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro11031 said:
In the bible somewhere it says animals can't go to Heaven. So no it wouldn't work. Even if it was a clone or something, I still wouldn't care because I'd know my dog is down in hell somewhere sufferring. (this is not meant to be offensive, just a rebuttle)

I don't think the Bible ever says about animals not going to heaven(Before I was saying they don't have souls, not that they can't go to heaven)(And trust me, my Dad's a pastor)

Who says your dog would automatically go to hell? Animals don't sin, so if they did go anymore, I say they would go to heaven. But it is my personal belief that animals go nowhere and just cease to exist, but I'll have to wait and see.

I'm not saying I support this, but I don't see it as being too big of a deal.

Lions eat. Goats get eaten. The end.

There's a difference between feeding an animal and using an animal as a form of entertainment. In this case, the animal is used as a form of entertainment as it's thrown into the cage where it is soon torn limb from limb by the pack of lions.

I don't think it's wrong to throw a live lamb into a pit of lions while people watch, but dangling a live chicken from the end of a pole while the lion tries to kill it is a bit much

konomaroh said:
I don't think it's wrong to throw a live lamb into a pit of lions while people watch, but dangling a live chicken from the end of a pole while the lion tries to kill it is a bit much

yea it is

Syntax said:
There's a difference between feeding an animal and using an animal as a form of entertainment. In this case, the animal is used as a form of entertainment as it's thrown into the cage where it is soon torn limb from limb by the pack of lions.
I realize that, and I certaintly don't support making animals suffer for entertainment.

I just think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. Animals get 'torn limb from limb' every day in the wild. I personally don't think we should be helping that process, but apparently those people thought otherwise.

LevesqueIsKing said:
I realize that, and I certaintly don't support making animals suffer for entertainment.

I just think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. Animals get 'torn limb from limb' every day in the wild. I personally don't think we should be helping that process, but apparently those people thought otherwise.
But like Syntax said, in this case the goat cannot escape, and thus, will not survive. However, in the wild, they have a chance of survival.

JackiexMarie said:
Ugh! Why are you people even discussing the different circumstances in which this kind of treatment towards defenseless animals is ok. It is NEVER ok. NEVER. Now, i'm most certaintly not trying to say you should all become vegeterians, but I even find the killing of animals for food to be cruel and inhumane, let alone the killing of animals for entertainment.

Things ate things before they could actually think, why stop now. Stopping now would unstable the animal kingdom.

I'll have to agree with Syntax on this one. As soon as the lions were put into captivity, they were subject to a different feeding method. So this case cannot be compared to how a lion in the wild would eat.
It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they somehow placed the sheep into the cage without the lions realising straight away, and then let nature take it's course (this probably wouldn't be suitable for public viewing though), but there is just no need in this, other than for entertainment value, which is wrong in my opinion.

bilzar said:
And that's your beliefs. I do not believe in evolution.

God made man and gave man the breathe of live(A soul), not animals. And that is what I believe

you're a narrow minded fool. actually 'blinkered' is a better description

and for the record, using an animals violent and bloody death as a form of entertainment is just plain wrong, anyone who cant see that has some serious mental issues or lack of intellect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back