Choppy Framerates :(

deeman

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
Something I'm beginning to notice about the Wii is the flurry of game reviews that mention poor framerates. A few of these include Red Steel,Tiger Woods 07, Blazing Angels, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Need for Speed. I have played 3of these games and have indeed noticed this problem. I find this quite irritating as it's not something I have noticed on other consoles before. Whether it's a case of lazy ports or poor coding it's not really good enough and isnt doing the Wii any favours. At least on the PC you can adjust the quality to fit your spec, but we dont have that privelege on a console so surely they should be optimising a game for the hardware it's going to be played on??? Or is that really too much to ask??. It's time for software companies to start backing the this console properly and taking advantage of the remote & nunchuk instead of releasing some cobbled together port. I for one think the console deserves more respect!

I've had no problems playing any games on my Wii and have not noticed Choppy Framerates besides on most Nintendo made games your'll never see this problem the reason these games are like that is becuase they were rushed.

I completely agree, it's third party developers I am referring to. At least Sega got it right with Sonic though.

I had one problem with red Steel freezing once. apart from that its been fine.

Red Steel definitely has framerate issues. Particularly when theres a lot of smoke effects or explosions.

Blazing Angels (I must admit) has this problem. The level of Pearl Harbor does it ALOT and Paris. But I must say, its because developers are lazy now. This will get worst as new systems come out.

Huh... I've Played Almost All These Games And Havn't Experienced This Problem... Strange...

I should add that I have played games on other Wii's too. Initially I was a little worried that my console was up the shoot, but it isn't.

Back