Chris Benoit Found Dead

Syntax said:
Yes it was the truth.

Also if Benoit took the life of both his wife and seven year old son I find that sickening. However I guess I'll have to wait and see as to what actually happened.
I agree. Just gotta wait for news to develop, but I'm surprised it hasn't been made as public as I'd expect.. maybe news people are a bit wary of the whole Vince McMahon incident.

The official, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity, said Benoit hanged himself in the weight room of his suburban Atlanta home.

The 40-year-old wrestler, his wife and 7-year-old son were found dead at 2 p.m. on Monday in three separate rooms.

Celebrity gossip website TMZ.com is reporting further details, including that Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday and waited until Sunday to smother his son in his bed.

Benoit was supposed to participate in a pay-per-view World Wrestling Entertainment event in Houston over the weekend but cancelled because of a family emergency.

TMZ.com mentions one source as saying that Benoit was text messaging friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program and may have been watching the show with his son before killing him.

ABC's Mike Von Fremd told Canada AM from outside Benoit's home in Fayetteville, Ga., Tuesday that friends of Benoit said they received "curious text messages" from the wrestler on Sunday morning.

The WWE notified authorities after hearing from friends who received the curious messages, the wrestling organization said on its website.

It was then that police discovered the body of the wrestling star; his wife Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Lt. Tommy Pope, the lead investigator with the Fayette County Sheriff's Department, told ABC News that the "instruments of death were located on scene."

Authorities also told AP that they are investigating if steroids may have played a role in the apparent murder-suicide.

More details are expected to emerge Tuesday after an autopsy is conducted.

However, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said toxicology results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Truely pathetic and sickening that he took the life of his wife and son..

Hmm..

I'm waiting for a press conference on the story which should be coming up soon.

Edit..

Friday: Wife murdered
Saturday: Son murdered
Saturday Evening/Sunday Morning: Benoit commits suicide.

Last edited:
Syntax said:
Hmm..

I'm waiting for a press conference on the story which should be coming up soon.

Edit..

Friday: Wife murdered
Saturday: Son murdered
Saturday Evening/Sunday Morning: Benoit commits suicide.
I'm watching the beginning of his tribute video from the other night, and it has when he first won the title, crying and hugging his wife and son..
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99qbk21-9IA[/media]
I don't know what to think of it.. Why did it all happen? :sick:

Edit: One problem is, with the world, he's gonna be guilty until proven innocent.. and if he's innocent, though it seems unlikely, I can see a different reaction.

Last edited:
Apparently its due to steroids or drug abuse.. at least thats what I've heard.

I've heard it from various news reports and articles.

Frogger said:
An autopsy nearly always states the cause of death, possibly drug overdose is the main reason I am thinking it.

I did say it. With all the steroids in the business, it was bound to be that, a lot of people would have thought it.

Back