christian guitar?

Christians who find the songs offensive make up about .05% of Guitar Hero III's demographics. They could care less if hardcore Christians don't buy it due to the lyrics...

In order to come out with a new "Christian friendly" version, they would be spending a lot more money in production than they would bring in through sales.

All in all...products aren't made for everyone. If they are offended by the songs, then they don't get to enjoy the game.

You gotta think of numbers here.

In this day and age, strong Christian teenagers/young adults are waning in numbers. That's the main demographic of this game.

If a Christian Guitar hero came out, very few people would buy it because the demographic of Guitar Hero fans would rather play the original songs that they listen to currently.

Me, personally I'd get a Christian Guitar Hero if it ever came out ;P
I'll be buying this game tonight at around 11:30 PM, and then play it tomorrow, though. And then I know for a fact, that with my bond with the big man, the songs will not affect me in a blasphemic manner.

But anywho. You know the law.
Never discuss politics or religion.

For good reason.

mitch94 said:
some of my friends arent able to get guitar hero due to the songs.

i think they should make guitar hero 4 christian like with demon hunter, P.O.D
and underoath

i feel sorry for the sheltered youth.
sounds like it sucks

Ethnic Guitar Hero?

I just got a big grin at that idea, can you just imagine a version of "Oh Dreydel, dreydel, dreydel" or "Silent Night" in Guitar Hero? :lol: (I'm sure that there are some Islamic oldies out there but I don't know any off the top of my head)

Dr. Mom

MRCOOLGH said:
NeverSoft is not gonna switch every punk/rock/metal song for little baby christian songs because then it cant be called guitar hero it has to be called acustic christian hero.
do you honestly believe that all christian music is stuff like that? that is pretty ignorant on your part. ive heard PLENTY of christian music that sounds like death metal and really hard rock. my friend used to have a CD (forget the name of the band) and they sounded like a secular death metal band. listen to bands like P.O.D., Showbread, Pillar, Project 86, flyleaf, as i lay dying, ect. many would be really good for GH. however as many people have said, i really doubt they will make a christian version of the game

Dr. Mom said:
I just got a big grin at that idea, can you just imagine a version of "Oh Dreydel, dreydel, dreydel" or "Silent Night" in Guitar Hero? :lol: (I'm sure that there are some Islamic oldies out there but I don't know any off the top of my head)

Dr. Mom
I've watched a Bollywood film as part of my film course last week. It was called Dilwale. Makes me think: The songs in some Bollywood films are sold, sung and recounted many times over. Imagine "Bollywood Rock Star". Would certainly shift a load in India, as well as anywhere with quite a few NRI's.

But ye, that would be pretty cool. It'll be like "find out aboput other cultures through the power of Rock!".

Bigred said:
lol, thats sad. are your friends like 5... and guitar hero will never ever make a Christian game because that would provoke way too many political issues. For example, if they come out with a Christian version, they will have to come out with a Jewish version... and a catholic one... and a Muslim one... etc...

ummmm yeah your dumb, why do you list catholicism separate from Christianity?

Spiderking13 said:
ummmm yeah your dumb, why do you list catholicism separate from Christianity?

No, He's not Dumb

Most Christians here in America are Protestant. And Protestants and Catholics have a long history of Disagreement seeing how the Protestants broke away from the Catholic church and "Protested"(Hence the name Protestant) the Catholic church with all of the corruption that was running rampant. Martin Luther's "95 Thesis" anyone? The two are seen as two different things, even though they're really not. Hell, even the KKK (Klu Klux Klan in case you don't know) are anti-catholic along with being anti- Immigrant and anti-jew and anti-anything-other-than-WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant)

But back ontopic. Enough of my history lesson. Christain Guitar Hero? Super Weak. I sure as hell would refuse to buy it. Not because i think it's stupid (which is kinda is), but because they had the nerve to make a religious specific game to sell to the masses. Plus, Heavy Metal and Thrash is just WAY more fun to play.

Last edited:
Krusnik said:
I hope some of you do know that there are Christian Rock bands out there that could be easily implemented in this game.
Flyleaf (They're already in it as downloadable content, not Wii version though)
Skillet
Red
Switchfoot
P.O.D. might work

It'll never happen though. And honestly though, do many people actually pay attention to the lyrics when they're playing the song? I know I don't. I'm concentrating on the notes, not the lyrics.

yeah but flyleaf is gay...

Moose said:
No, He's not Dumb

Most Christians here in America are Protestant. And Protestants and Catholics have a long history of Disagreement seeing how the Protestants broke away from the Catholic church and "Protested"(Hence the name Protestant) the Catholic church with all of the corruption that was running rampant. Martin Luther's "95 Thesis" anyone? The two are seen as two different things, even though they're really not. Hell, even the KKK (Klu Klux Klan in case you don't know) are anti-catholic along with being anti- Immigrant and anti-jew and anti-anything-other-than-WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant)

But back ontopic. Enough of my history lesson. Christain Guitar Hero? Super Weak. I sure as hell would refuse to buy it. Not because i think it's stupid (which is kinda is), but because they had the nerve to make a religious specific game to sell to the masses. Plus, Heavy Metal and Thrash is just WAY more fun to play.

Dude, my friend Scott works at some video store and in the back room with all of their stuff that's not on display he found The Bible Videogame. I kid you not.

http://www.cravegames.com/games/biblegame/index.html

Oh God. I saw it the PS2 version on the shelf of Super Target for $8.99...*shudders*

M4573RM1ND said:
Dude, my friend Scott works at some video store and in the back room with all of their stuff that's not on display he found The Bible Videogame. I kid you not.

http://www.cravegames.com/games/biblegame/index.html

Ugh. There's also another game they made that was similar to the Left Behind series or something. it's like a totally stupid and worthless game. it's like the Sims, but without controls

Moose said:
Ugh. There's also another game they made that was similar to the Left Behind series or something. it's like a totally stupid and worthless game. it's like the Sims, but without controls
Right In-front?

-.-

Back