Christians

I'm with Mitch on this one. I've been a "christian" all my life, but it wasn't until I actually started listening and trying to do what He wanted me to do that everything in my life started working.

There are far too many Christian stereotypes. We're all harcore anti-gay, we hate all other religions, et cetera. We don't even have our own holiday; for all the flak Christians get, why are holidays like Christmas and Easter the ones everyone celebrates?

Also, I hang out with pretty of nonchristian people; including a few Muslims; we get along fine.

Gymdawg said:
I'm with Mitch on this one. I've been a "christian" all my life, but it wasn't until I actually started listening and trying to do what He wanted me to do that everything in my life started working.

There are far too many Christian stereotypes. We're all harcore anti-gay, we hate all other religions, et cetera. We don't even have our own holiday; for all the flak Christians get, why are holidays like Christmas and Easter the ones everyone celebrates?

Also, I hang out with pretty of nonchristian people; including a few Muslims; we get along fine.

good point gymdawg......

like i said previously, i understand her point and i see where shes comming from. however this is the internet where things get misread and misinterpreted and they become alot worse than they already are....

everyone makes a strong point here but i still have to say even though i may still fall under the "newbie" category...."wrong place, wrong time....wrong forum" kinda thing....

i do get sort of pissy when christians stick their noses into controversial issues stating they are trying to save them and such, when its not there role, but Gods. Then again, they do beleive they are serving assistance to God and helping out. that sorta sums up my opinion of the hardcore goers, its a double edge sword, sure they are annoying as hell and should shut up, but they are trying ot help...

Not every Christian is "hardcore", at least not in the sense you're using the term in. I love God with all my heart, but I don't preach at people unless we're speaking of religion. I've found leading by example works much better.

wow...u know they say that money,religion,(and i think the last one was) sports can make u lose friends.......thats why i dont talk about religion.......people have beliefs.....its what keeps them from facing reality in a way...ehh yeahh

True friends will accept you anyway.
God, that sounds like some cheesy Lifetime quote. Stupid.

hahaha now that i reread it,it sounds gay.......i need to go beat up some little kids...........

Why there is no god.

1. The creation of the word is the most marvellous achievement imaginable.

2. the merit of an achievement is the product of (a) its intrinsic quality, and (b) the ability of its creator.

3. the greater the disibility (or handicap) of the creator, the more impressive the achievement.

4. The most formidable handicap for a creator would be non-existence.

5. Therefore if we suppose that the universe is the product of an existent creator we can conceive a greater being - namely, one who created everything while not exisiting.

6. An existing God therefore would not be a being greater than which a greater cannot be conveived becuase an even more formidable and incredible creater would be a God which did not exist.

Ergo:

7. God does not exist.

hehe just had to say it, my line when ever a religous topic comes up.

There are alot of demoniations of Christanity, so i presume you are talking about them all.

i think somethings you said are very true (this is reffering back to the first post btw) and i have to say i witness people preaching on the street all the time, espcially in london, people standing in the street and preaching about how jesus is amoung us and will save my soul, but i don't believe in that, so i walk on by ignoring it, i also find what you descibe as your self being a cathloic and understanding other peoples belifes, i have a friend who is a strong catholic, and he understands that i don't believe in the bible, god, jesus, that i don't have a soul, and that i believe in things that are proven by science, and things i can see. BUT i also understand that he has his belifes, and he belives that when he dies he will go to heaven (most likly) but possibly hell if he is really bad lol. but many other religious people don't understand why i feel the way i do, and i think this is a big point, they can't take that other people don't believe the same thing that they do. and this is what often causes disagreement and fighting. i know i didn't really answer your questions, but it's an insight to something.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
good point gymdawg......

like i said previously, i understand her point and i see where shes comming from. however this is the internet where things get misread and misinterpreted and they become alot worse than they already are....

everyone makes a strong point here but i still have to say even though i may still fall under the "newbie" category...."wrong place, wrong time....wrong forum" kinda thing....

Meh, this is the lounge which is off topic. I enjoy intelligent, mind-opening conversations. =)

kissoff182 said:
I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

You said you were raised a catholic, therefore you should understand why some christian's fear GOD. If you want understanding revert back to the time you considered yourself catholic, without forcing your present beliefs on them. Now you can have your understanding.

All in all you have some very valid points, however they can be false to another. Some people only see what they want to see. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Be neither For nor Against, and then you'll have your understanding!

I had this stuff foced upon me in school
But im a nonbeliver

Lobstermobster said:
:devil: 666:devil:
Wow never seen someone do that in a reilgoin thread

im ruthless. no i just dont care. i think religion is stupid. gods not real. jesus who knows. the bible was written by man. and we all know people are ****ing retarded. religious people are probly the most mentally ill people, they need to make up some insane person to make themselves feel better. the best part is how they think your bad if you dont believe, how they force it on you. ever try to talk to a christian about how cool satan is, they flip ****. religion is something that should never leave the house. but its ****ing everywhere, thought we were supposed to seperate church from state, but all the Bush talks about is god this god that blabla. **** da police. im strate outa compton

You should see to Etna (on my site)
Shes very religious (her forums called god force)

Edit :
Worshiping Satan is a religion

Back