Christians

See, people go on talking about how Christians are narrow minded, when it's exactly the same with atheists. It's not the belief, it's the personality behind the belief.

I mean, what a sweeping statement made by the person above. "Religious people are probably the most mentally ill people." How is that constructive? How is that any different than saying "All atheists are rapists"? This is why religion shouldn't be discussed where it doesn't need to be. You get a few people who are unable to articulate their ideas making sweeping statements about things they don't understand, people get offended, and it just ruins good conversation.

For the record, I don't think all atheists are rapists.

how is religion a good conversation to begin with. i just dont care. believe what you want. im gonna make fun of you. ill make fun of you for believing in the same thing i do. i think everyone should convert to sarcasm cos it makes life so much more tolerable. people take **** way to seriously to even think someone might be joking wiht them when they say gods not real.

oh by the way. christians really are stupid. they dont even know the truth about ****. try telling them jesus was black (which is a 100% possibillity givin the geographic location ofall that nonsense). and have any of you seen the divinci code. well if you have. then you know jesus wasnt ****. and they proved it.

If there was no religion
there'd be no Monty Python films
Or Nuns on the run
But then again thered be no Fath by Bonn Jovi so its not all good

I think the problem comes when the "stereotypical" Christians are more vocal than the others. That's why we think of intollerance when we hear "Christianity", because the only voices we hear are the intollerant Christians, and not the ones that allow people to believe in their own things.

Incidentally, I think some of the more vocal Christians are doing a lot of damage with trying to stop Stem Cell research. Stem Cells can help save lives. It seems that the protestors value their own ideologies higher than human life. Fact of the matter is that a Fetus is NOT a living thing at the point whereby abortions are carried out.

What does everybody else think?

Kepa said:
I mean, what a sweeping statement made by the person above. "Religious people are probably the most mentally ill people." How is that constructive? How is that any different than saying "All atheists are rapists"? This is why religion shouldn't be discussed where it doesn't need to be. You get a few people who are unable to articulate their ideas making sweeping statements about things they don't understand, people get offended, and it just ruins good conversation.

For the record, I don't think all atheists are rapists.
Funnily enough there are some radical feminists that believe that all men are potential rapists...

Personally, I'm more of an equalitarian, it's just a lot of the time, it happens to coincide with a feminist perspective. However, I do feel that radical feminists are flying in the face of earlier feminists when they do not believe in equal rights - they believe women should be dominant.

Last edited:
Personally I think religion should not have any bearing in political decisions. For example, this week in the UK some people were protesting about gay rights, as if their own rights were somehow more important than theirs. I've got nothing against religious people, and I believe they should have the right to believe whatever they want, but they should respect the right of others to hold different beliefs too.

kissoff182 said:
I don't have anything against someone just believing in a god. What I don't understand is why people live in fear of a god and fear "sinning."

Why do people think that gay marriage is wrong? It doesn't hurt anyone. What's wrong with premarital sex? Once again, it doesn't hurt anyone (except in some cases it emotionally hurts the two consenting people). Is abortion wrong because it's killing a baby or because "God says it's wrong?" I have mixed feelings about abortion. I don't believe in LYKE OMGZ IT'S MAH BODY ILL DO WAT I WANT W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 But I also don't want irresponsible people to be parents. There's more to it than the Bible says, "blah blah blah."

Why do people feel the need to say, "Jesus loves you" or "God bless you?" Why do Christians feel like they need to "save me" from Hell, which may not even exist? Why do people tell me if I'm wrong about God existing I'm going to Hell? If there's one thing I learned being raised Catholic it's that God/Jesus loves me for who I am and will let me into Heaven because I'm a good person, not because I believe in Christ. I just wish people wouldn't live their lives 100% by a fictional book.
exactly why im an ex-christian

Gymdawg said:
Not every Christian is "hardcore", at least not in the sense you're using the term in.
Quoted for truth. I wasn't baptised or anything, and I don't read the bible or go to church (only on like weddings and funerals). I don't think there's anything wrong in gay marriage, and if people wish to sin, then go for it, but you'll bare the conciquences. Does that mean I'm not a Christian? Of course not. I believe in God therefore I'm a Christian (in my eyes).

Wiired said:
Quoted for truth. I wasn't baptised or anything, and I don't read the bible or go to church (only on like weddings and funerals). I don't think there's anything wrong in gay marriage, and if people wish to sin, then go for it, but you'll bare the conciquences. Does that mean I'm not a Christian? Of course not. I believe in God therefore I'm a Christian (in my eyes).
as i 'know'* god isn't real, i therefore won't bare any conciquences against a sin i might do. i shall only bare conciquences in your eyes.

* i use the word know loosely, i don't mean i KNOW for sure, i am just putting it in the place of belife as i don't belive god is not real, i know in my mind he isn't

Gaz said:
as i 'know'* god isn't real, i therefore won't bare any conciquences against a sin i might do. i shall only bare conciquences in your eyes.

* i use the word know loosely, i don't mean i KNOW for sure, i am just putting it in the place of belife as i don't belive god is not real, i know in my mind he isn't
:lol: I didn't necessarily mean God. I mean generally, like (to an extreme) murdering someone's a sin. Therefore you go to prison. Comprende? :)

Wiired said:
I believe in God therefore I'm a Christian (in my eyes).
Well, to be fair, a lot of non-Christians believe in God. It's the belief that Christ was the son of God that'll make you Christian. Otherwise, you could be a Jew believing in God, or a muslim believing in Allah.

I don't really have a set 'belief'. I go more of the "Dogma" (Kevin Smith reference) way and have 'ideas'. Makes it much easier to change, and it allows for a greater range of perspectives than a single belief structure.

That said, I don't mind people having their own beliefs, just as long as the values of those beliefs (stems from Christian "morality") don't infringe on others (for example, the ideological indocrination that US and UK are imposing on Iraq at the moment - But that's a whole other Thread)

Wiired said:
:lol: I didn't necessarily mean God. I mean generally, like (to an extreme) murdering someone's a sin. Therefore you go to prison. Comprende? :)
Comprende my friend.

Let's just settle this once and for all. I am the Messiah of all religon.

But seriously, it's better not to talk about religon. Some people are very sensitive about that and you could end up losing some good friends.

I guess I used to be religious when I was a kid... Mum was (and still is) a fairly strong christian. I guess I strayed somewhere along the path, or just lost faith alltogether...

After everything went downhill with highschool I pretty much lost faith that there was a god.

Last edited:
Back