Christmas Suggestion?

cre618

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
Hey all....got my 10 year old son a Wii for Christmas. Might be too late, but I was wondering what game I should get for him also.

He's a pretty serious gamer, who likes the sports and shooter games, but not the Zelda-type games. We have a PS2, so I was thinking that Madden and CoD weren't the best first Wii games, because they don't utilize the new technology as well (and I've heard CoD on Wii is a bit hard to master).

So...any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jack

cre618 said:
Hey all....got my 10 year old son a Wii for Christmas. Might be too late, but I was wondering what game I should get for him also.

He's a pretty serious gamer, who likes the sports and shooter games, but not the Zelda-type games. We have a PS2, so I was thinking that Madden and CoD weren't the best first Wii games, because they don't utilize the new technology as well (and I've heard CoD on Wii is a bit hard to master).

So...any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jack

Elebits.

Hmmmm.... Red Steel is'nt to bad it takes a bit to get used to though like CoD3 but you can tone done the sensitivity.... does he like raceing games I heard Excite Truck is pretty good or maybe NFS:Carbon well i like that anyway

Is Elebits that good?? we don't get it till next year sometime

He might like Trauma Center:Second Opinion

It is the most challenging game I have.

I suggest going for the gift card idea, but instead of an EBGames/Gamestop one, go for a GameCrazy one. :)

he's 10...you shouldn't get him COD3 or Red Steel which in nature is about killing another human. For a 10 year old I would recommend Elebits or Rayman...rayman was a lot of fun and had many different types of mini-games and he can play with his friends and it works out different types of a child's development...memory, physical fitness, rhythm, hand-eye coordination. I think Rayman is a great game that combines a little bit of every other game...ddr, first person shooter games.

Sorry...I studied child development and it bugs me when parents buy inappropriate games for their children =)

I don't think there is a game out that "utilize the new technology" BETTER than Madden 07. If he likes football games that is a must buy for the Wii. I love it. On my third season already and it has lots of options that the other systems (Xbox and ps3) do not have at all.

I agree with MyGunJammed, Madden 07 really explores how to use the new technology of the Wii. But if thats not what you're looking for then try Elebits.

goofy1641 said:
he's 10...you shouldn't get him COD3 or Red Steel which in nature is about killing another human. For a 10 year old I would recommend Elebits or Rayman...rayman was a lot of fun and had many different types of mini-games and he can play with his friends and it works out different types of a child's development...memory, physical fitness, rhythm, hand-eye coordination. I think Rayman is a great game that combines a little bit of every other game...ddr, first person shooter games.

Sorry...I studied child development and it bugs me when parents buy inappropriate games for their children =)
That is what i would suggest for a ten year old. It's strange that he is into fps's already.

Back